I look forward to.......

Amy T.
on 3/23/11 2:05 am, edited 3/23/11 2:05 am - CA
Crossing my legs.
Walking up a flight of stairs without feeling like I am dying.
Being comfortable in those damn plastic lawn chairs that are everywhere!
Fitting properly in the desks at the college I attend.
Buying clothes from the 'regular' size section - something I have never done.
Being able to be off my blood pressure medicine.
Fitting on the rides at amusement parks with my family.
Jogging with my husband.
Training for a 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon.
Riding horses with my daughter who spends all of her time at the stables.
Flying without the use of an extender belt.
Tying my shoes without being in pain.
Being able to exercise without every joint hurting -  I actually love to exercise.
Having enough energy to make it through the day without a nap.
Living a long healthy life at a healthy weight.
and....
Being an active participant in my life, rather than a spectator.

Suite1
on 3/23/11 2:14 am - Dayton, OH
With those as your goals, you can't go wrong.     Many of mine were the same.   What's nice about them is that you can enjoy them every time they happen, not just for a few minutes when you hop on the scale and the number is what you want it to be.

Enjoy the journey - I'm six months post op and am loving life!

HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Amy T.
on 3/23/11 4:50 am - CA
Thanks!  Appreciate the support!  Glad to hear you are loving life, and enjoying your decision to have surgery!  I can't wait to be on the other side!

Last week my surgeon asked me what my "goal weight" is.  I responded,  "Dont know. Haven't thought about it.  I just want to be healthy"  He said that was a very insightful answer.

I have been overweight all my life.  I have never really let my weight get in the way of what I do.  I have been scuba diving for 20 years overweight,  Last year I completed the Komen 3 day 60 mile walk,  etc. I realize Im not a number - and that the number doesn't measure me as a person.  I just want to do things that normal people don't think twice about!

Thanks again for the support!  
Amy
Down200Pounds
on 3/23/11 2:49 am - MA
mine was:

walking into a room, or anywhere for that matter...and not adjusting my shirt making sure it covered my belly and my behind.

now, i just tuck in my shirt, and go.

what freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ginny, Orange, MA
RNY with Silastic Ring: 7/3/03~Dr. Alan Newhoff, Phoenix, AZ
Total Weight Loss:  #200
[email protected]

Amy T.
on 3/23/11 4:50 am - CA
 Oh I can't wait for those days!  What freedom is right!  You go girl!  
flyingwoman
on 3/23/11 2:54 am
Some of my own...

Riding roller coasters.
Keeping up with my neice and nephew.
Maybe adopting a child of my own.
Travel the world!
Being able to shop for clothes in my own country.
Being able to shop for clothes in a regular store (me too, never.)
Getting down to and up from the floor without feeling I might flump over - or experiencing pain.
Walk step in step with my colleagues and never feeling huffy or like I can't keep up.
Trashing the BiPAP!
Amy T.
on 3/23/11 4:51 am - CA
Great ones too!  Thanks so much for sharing!  Appreciate the support!  
Amy L.
on 3/23/11 2:58 am - Buffalo, NY

Work the program, and you will get there! :)

I remember about 6 weeks ago when I realized I could easily cross my legs, I was sitting in a doctor's office waiting room with my son, and I just instinctually did it, and a minute later I realized that I had crossed my legs!  I was so excited, people must have thought I was crazy.

We just flew a couple weeks ago for vacation, and it was so nice not to squeeze through the aisles, to fit comfortably in those tiny bathrooms, to sit in my seat and actually have room to spare.  I was easily able to keep up with my family the entire week- swimming, tons of walking, taking stairs.  It was a great feeling.

I was off my blood pressure meds the day I went home from the hospital.  Hopefully that will be the same for you!

I LOVE shopping now- except that I will look at a 12 or a medium, and think "this is so small, no way it will fit", so I grab the 14 or large, and it's way too big!  So, I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that I am smaller.  Going from 20's and 22's down to 12's is such a great feeling. I can't wait until I am wearing a 6!

Tying shoes- yes, it's amazing all those little things we take for granted.  That was a challenge for me before, clipping toe nails or polishing them, that too.

Nap- I still take one a couple times a week, but not like before.  Now it's just a cat nap, maybe 30-45 minutes.

No worries Amy, all those things will happen, and more!

5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

Amy T.
on 3/23/11 4:56 am - CA
WOW!  Thanks for sharing that amazing accomplishment with me!  I would have wanted to high five everyone in the room!  LOL!

The flying part sounds wonderful to me too!  We have flown alot,  and overseas alot,  lots of 18-20 plus hour fights.  My worst fear is flying uncomfortable in those seats......  I just want to fly comfortable from now on!

I enjoyed what you said about shopping in a smaller size. I have a friend that is 7 years out, and she said that was the hardest thing for her too.  She still holds up clothes that are way too big for her thinking they fit.  

Thanks for the support,  and your response!  I can't wait to experience these things like normal people!

Have a great day!
Amy
Tiffani A.
on 3/23/11 4:04 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thos are awesome goals!  I love the last part... "Being an active participant in my life, rather than a spectator".  I am currently training for a 5k and while its MUCH harder than I expected, its so rewarding to actually do it!   You are going to do great.

Here is what I'm looking forward to:
My husband is in the Army and I am looking forward to moving to a new post this summer and not worrying what the other wives think of me.  No one will know I even had the surgery.  No one will know that I used to weigh almost 300 pounds.  I think it will be such a free feeling!

Most Active
Recent Topics