OT sort of: I got the JOB!

Cheryl W.
on 4/16/11 11:43 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
One of my primary reasons for getting weight loss surgery, was the difficulty I was having finding a job.  I've been out of work about 2 years (I had a temp position for 3 months last year).  To be honest, I wasn't scoring any interviews, so I really can't blame it on weight, or maybe I can.....

I think, I was lacking confidence more than anything else.  I didn't want to network, because I felt like a whale in a sea of minnows.  I really didn't push myself to pursue anything, because I didn't feel like I deserved something good.  Does that make sense?  I was self sabotaging.

Now, almost 80 pounds lighter, and interviewing in a spanking new size 14 black pinstripe suit, I felt empowered, bold, and fluent.  I nailed that interview (actually 9 interviews in one day) and got the job.  Major, major NSV.  

Now I just have to engineer a move from Charlotte NC to McLean VA.   I'm stoked and ready.  I have energy and enthusiasm.  I'm embarking on a whole new life.  Not only that, no one I meet going forward will ever really know me as that morbidly obese woman lacking self confidence.   By the time I move and start the job, I'm hoping to be yet 10 pounds lighter.  Hoping further to be at goal weight by September.  A thin me embarking on a new life in a new city.  How exciting is that?
 HW:  258  SW:  237 CW:  152      
turningpoint
on 4/16/11 11:47 am
Congratuations!!! 
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Michelle_2975
on 4/16/11 12:37 pm - Canada
That is so great! Good for you.
Karen O.
on 4/16/11 1:02 pm - Weirton, WV
PHENOMENAL!! Congratulations!!

New you, new city... Life IS GOOD!!

~Karen
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150       
4me2be
on 4/16/11 1:04 pm - Ottawa, Canada
You absolutely have touched upon a subject that was very relevant to me and I'm sure to many others. I hope to be actively job searching by the end of the summer when I have a good weight loss. I know my confidence will be back. You have got your MOJO workin" !!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about how you settle in to your new job, and your move, etc.
Virginia

4 Me 2 Be

Melinda A.
on 4/16/11 1:23 pm - Annandale, VA
I live near McLean, VA in Annandale. If you have any questions or want to get together once you're here -- let me know
kelly_hope
on 4/16/11 3:22 pm - Marysville, WA

Cheryl, I am so dang happy for you!! What a feeling! 

I understand your 'before' feeling in a huge way. I've removed myself from my circle of friends for that reason.

A whole new life for you... amazing.

Hugs!!!!!
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

Anabella
on 4/16/11 5:24 pm - Fresno, CA
 Congrats!
SugarGrl
on 4/17/11 2:04 am
Congratulations to a new You and a new life!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

azgrammy
on 4/17/11 8:41 am
Congratulations on your new job.   I'm sure the move will go smoothly! You are making great strides in your journey.   All the best!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics