Is it just me OR!!!!

Reesheda H.
on 5/24/11 1:35 am - Jackson, MS
Okay I have not lost any weight since last Friday and I am not panicking.  I know my weight loss was going to eventually slow down,  but at times i do not feel like I had surgery.  Some days I just want to eat eat eat... And some days not.  I think I am doing okay with my calories, my weight is stable at 243lbs.  I have started working out also.  Should I be able to take in more food than I use too.  Also, I have a sip of water before and after eating meals.  On yesterday I was able to eat a small piece of pizza (-) the end crust.  Am I eating tooo much.  I have had this morning

B-Slimfast
Snack - 1/2  cup of vegetable beef soup/piece of Sugar free candy
L-Will be a another 1 cup of vegetable beef soup

grmadeb01
on 5/24/11 1:47 am - FL
on my food plan we are not allowed soups as they consider that drinking with meals, i am only allowed 2-4 oz of protein and some fruit or vegge... i do not drink protein drinks, i am just 7 weeks out, and that has been my plan since coming home, but the first 2 weeks it was purees...
i know every dr has a different plan, but if you eat meat and dense protein, it will keep you fuller longer, i am not allowed to drink for 1 hours after eating, i try to take my vitamins first, then wait a little bit and then eat, i get in 3-4 meals a day, with one of them being a greek yogurt 4oz and slice of cheese...
have a great day
debby
Katari
on 5/24/11 1:47 am - OR
How many grams of protein are you getting in daily. What you've listed so far doesn't seem like much protein at all. Yes, you should be eating more than you were right after surgery.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Kim S.
on 5/24/11 1:52 am - Helena, AL
You are starving yourself!  No wonder you are hungry.  At this point you should easily be able to consume, in food, 100 grams of protein, and around 1,000-1,200 calories per day.  If you are working out, you may need a few hundred more.

Don't panic--go eat a chicken breast!!

Kim

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/24/11 1:56 am - Baltimore, MD
What they all said. I did the same thing early out. And it affected my brain and body. I thought of food constantly. When I started eating enough, that subsided.

Your weight loss does slow at 6 mos but there's no hard and fast rule saying it is going to stabilize anytime soon. So keep up the hard work!!!
DisneyLover
on 5/24/11 2:26 am - WI
protein will fill you up and you won't seem hungry.  the increase in protein should jump start a loss.

it is funny because we have been programed pre-op that if you don't eat you will lose weight.  it is the opposite post.

Sarah

Reesheda H.
on 5/24/11 2:26 am - Jackson, MS
I am getting in enough protein.  There was protein in the Slimfast and my soup was very meaty with minimal juice.  My surgery post op book list soups (all soups) as being okay to consume.  The amount of liquid in it is not enough to be considered eating and drinking.  However, I would agree that I need to up my calories( may have something to do with my stall).  I will eat a chicken breast sounds delicious rite now.  I also rely on greek yogarts as another huge source of protein.  What are some other things that you all eat to bump up your protein.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/24/11 2:36 am - Baltimore, MD
Numbers. Give us numbers. How much protein does the shake have? How much protein does the soup have? Sometimes you think you're getting enough when you are not. The ASMBS recommends 60g a day for women minimum. You probably need more than that during your malabsorptive stage. 

How much are you getting a day on average? If you aren't tracking, you should consider starting. It really does help put things in perspective.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Reesheda H.
on 5/24/11 2:49 am - Jackson, MS
On average between 50-65 grams a day.  My shake had 10 grams of protein.  My soup was maybe 5-7 grams of Protein.  And now that you say that..... I do not think I am getting nearly enough, which is probably why I want to Snack.  What are some things that you eat to increase your protein?

DisneyLover
on 5/24/11 3:09 am - WI
your shake only has 10 grams.  if you did a 'regular' protein shake you would have 20+grams in the same amount of liquids.  And if the soup is 5-7 grams of protein, I personally would not use that as a meal.  I try to get my meal protein to be at least double that.

I eat eggs, cheese, steak, chicken, greek yogurt on a regular basis.

hey, we all live and learn in this process.

Sarah

Most Active
Recent Topics