Emotion Stage before surgery

EboniLamis
on 6/2/11 11:12 pm - MI
Okay in general I am not an overly emotional person.  But I have been having emotional moments when it comes to my weight.  I was talking with my boyfriend yesterday about my issues with weight and  I started crying.  I also cried when star jones was on oprah because I totally related to her story.  My question is did anyone else go thru this? and since I did not have not had my appointment with the therapist to have my evaluation will this affect my approval. 

silly_sandy
on 6/2/11 11:34 pm - IL
What you are feeling is normal.  It's hard to accept the fact that we've come to the place that surgery is necessary.  It's like we're really having to take a good hard look at ourselves, how and why we got here, what our food triggers are, etc... It takes a lot of courage to do something about it.  Having surgery is not easy and it takes someone with strength to admit there is a problem and do something about it!  I can totally relate to Star Jones.  At first I thought, what was the big deal?   Just tell people.  Now that I've gone through it, it's tough because you worry about failing again and people judging you.  I'm sure she felt the same way.

Don't worry about this affecting your appt with the therapist.  Just be honest with your answers.  You'll be fine!  Good luck :)

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
acbbrown
on 6/2/11 11:45 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I'd only be concerned if you DIDN'T feel that way - this is a big deal, with a huge, major life change.

I'm a week away from surgery, and melt downs are very common and i'm not an emotional person at all. I NEVER cry :-/

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

EboniLamis
on 6/2/11 11:49 pm - MI

Thanks I feel so much better. 

Melly_Belly
on 6/3/11 2:08 am - WI
I had surgery on 5/23 and zoomed through the psych evaluation even though I spent almost the whole hour crying. I swear I thought the therapist was going to reject me, but she said she would question me further if I wasn't at all emotional about it.

This is a personal, deeply emotional journey and I wouldn't worry. Just be yourself and if you cry or break down in your psych evaluation, no worries...they have plenty of tissues at the ready.

Good luck with your journey!

Surgery Date: May 23, 2011

HW: 307.9 SW: 299.5 CW: 181.8 GW: 155

virvin
on 6/3/11 2:14 am - CO
I have 20 days until I have my surgery.  My psych eval was postponed due to my doctor having to go to Joplin (he is part of a disaster response team that helps victims who have been through disasters).  So, my eval is rescheduled for the 10th...only 13 days prior to my surgery.  This is all my insurance company is waiting for...so be sure to check with your insurance company...it could be a deal breaker.

As for your emotions...I hope it is normal as I am the same way.  One day I'm happy and excited, the next I'm scared to death.  I went out and bought a box of HoneyBuns as I will "never be able to eat them again".  Well, I took one bite and realized what I did was completely stupid...and through the rest away.  Did the same thing with a box of cookies.  Argh.  It's like I'm trying to sabotage myself.  Which....this is why I'm having the surgery.  Sigh. 

I have a lot of work to do to keep me busy prior to the surgery, but the nights alone at home or a killer.  I am really good at helping everyone stay positive here, but can't seem to do the same thing for myself.  So, I keep trying and I keep coming back here.  It helps me to help others get through THEIR jitters.

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 223 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?