Seeking answers from the Vets 1 year out or more

Tess145
on 7/6/11 6:32 am - Senatobia, MS

I know this topic comes up every other day about constipation and currently I am using the treatment recommended by Vitalady and Lady Tazz but have had no success.  What do you do to keep your plumbing running daily.  I have search all over the forum so I know who is not going but who is.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Tess

azreggie
on 7/6/11 6:53 am - Tucson, AZ
I take 2 heaping tbls of Benefiber in my coffee in the morning and 4 colace early evening so I can drink some water along with it before I go to bed.  Works for me.

Reggie

Don27516
on 7/6/11 6:56 am - NC
 What does VitaLady recommend? 

Tess145
on 7/6/11 7:11 am - Senatobia, MS
She starts with a cup of hot coffee, a dose of Mirilax, 2 mag oxide 400, 4 stool softeners at night.  I think either she or Lady Tazz adds 2 doses of benefiber which I do too.  You would think with all of this that you would not be able to walk away from the bathroom.  After 4 days of this I am still no where near needing the bathroom.  I could say that I have "pressing business" but no action...:(
Tess145
on 7/6/11 7:50 am - Senatobia, MS
I just saw that I used the word recommend.  I would like to change that to what works for them.  Vitalady just told what she uses that keeps her going.  I guess we all have to experiment to see what works for us too.  I just would like to find my happy place soon.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/6/11 6:58 am - OH
Just one dose of Benefiber works fine for me, but I know lots of people that use two doses to get the desired effect.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/6/11 7:05 am, edited 7/6/11 7:06 am
1-3 tbs of flax meal per day. (in different forms)
plus - enough water - dehydration is a major issue
magnesium - in total I probably get 800-2000 mg of mag per day, in different forms. Mag citrate with calcium - we need 2:1 ratio (cal: mag) to be able to assimilate calcium, then mag oxide - before bed - 400-800 mg (in capsule) - not only that relaxes me, but the BM in the morning is great. Typically I get 800... unless my BM that morning was more on a runny side... then I get less. But if I had difficulties (had to work on it) with BM - then I increase during the day (take an extra 400 mg of mag oxide).

Plus the morning coffee... and I am good. 
But I also use the probiotics, and use non constipating iron.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kim S.
on 7/6/11 7:10 am - Helena, AL
2 stool softeners every single day and FiberSure in my coffee every morning...go like clockwork everyday..........

siberiancat
on 7/6/11 7:17 am, edited 7/6/11 7:17 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Here is what I do:

400 mg Magnesium Oxide with each dose of Calcium Citrate
 2 stool softners after waking
2 T Benefiber in breakfast whey isolate protein latte (hot)
2 stool softners at bedtime
Fresh fruit/veggies daily (raw) Apple with peeling daily
100+ oz fluid daily
Whole grains (I like Fiber One on top yogurt)
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

JOoms
on 7/6/11 7:21 am
Benefiber and lots of probiotics.  I take the probiotics twice a day and eat some greek yogurt everyday as well.  I also take magnesium oxide each morning with my vits. 

But if I miss the probiotics or the yogurt I'm history and I'm taking stool softeners. 

Most Active
Recent Topics