Home from the hospital and everything is A-OK!

Reddheadd7
on 7/9/11 1:00 pm - CA
Everything went good for my surgery. The surgeon that did my RNY was actually very nice. He came to check on me this morning. It's so weird that I can't feel that my stomach is so small now so I'm extra careful when I drink. I'll be on clear liquids and protein shakes for 2 weeks then progress to puree.

So was non-eventful unless you count my slight fever yesterday but it went away quickly. All the nurses were so super nice and they made sure I had the information I needed for the next 2 weeks until I go to my post-op nutrition class.

Everything looks great and I've lost a couple lbs! My surgeon said I may gain weight from all the fluids but it's going well for me. Not too much pain unless I'm trying to sit up or lay down. It feels like I did too many crunches. My surgeon also put a compression thing around me so that helped a lot for being in bed the ride home. and home I am!!!!

pamelatx111
on 7/9/11 1:10 pm - TX
Congrats! Here's to a speedy recovey! Mine is the 18th!

Laugh Often. Regret Nothing!                               Surgery date 7/18/11
shellbell75
on 7/9/11 1:37 pm
Welcome home girlie! I was thinking about you. Welcome to the bench.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

cajungirl
on 7/9/11 2:35 pm
Congrats, welcome to the loser's bench

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

cabin111
on 7/9/11 2:51 pm
Some oldtimer advice in no special order.  Sleep when and where you can...bed, couch, recliner, floor.  Use pillows in creative ways.  The pain near your bellybutton is where they put the camera...That is why that spot hurts more.  It's hard to get rid of the gas...maybe 7-10 days.  Try working out the gas by rolling on a clean floor, walking, laying on the ground with your feet on a chair, working the gas out like you work out a charlie horse.  Sip sip sip.  If you have to pee in the middle of the night (since you are sipping away) maybe put some protein shake (1/2 oz) on the nightstand...to get that extra protein.  Know the signs of dehydration...Just in case.  Your pouch will let you know quickly if you are drinking too fast...Listen to it.  If you're not sure call your doctor!!  You'll be climbing the walls with bordom the first few weeks...Let the healing process take it's course.  It does get better.  Brian
YankeeRose
on 7/9/11 3:37 pm - Meadville, PA
Congrats on a successful surgery. Glad you are doing well. Welcome to the losers club!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Jacobsmama08
on 7/9/11 3:54 pm - Morgan Hill, CA
Welcome to the loser's bench. Sounds like you are off to a running start! Just a few words from someone 9 weeks into it... Use that compression thing all the time. It makes a world of difference. I wore it for about a week. Sleep on your back with a LOT of pillows, don't try and turn, you'll end up in pain. Take your pain killer, don't be a hero! For a least a few days, then wean off... if you haven't already, just add fiber chews, or powder or I found gummies, from the get-go. You WILL get constipated, no matter what you do, the fiber will help. My doc only made me stay on liquids for a few days, onto purees, and I was eating things like refried beans with shredded cheese inside a week. You will get extremely fed up with liquid after a few days. If you feel like you can't do it anymore, if it comes down to just not eating cuz no 'liquid' sounds appetizing..  Have a yogurt, or jello, or tomatoe soup, even refried beans, or soft cheese, like the laughing cow cheese wedges, or brie. A few bites, and see how you handle it. Every 'body' is different... I pushed it, but with no adverse results... You MUST get all your protein in and water, too, to lose the weight... not eating will NOT make it come off any faster.

Glad you're doing well, so far so good!

Jenni

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

doty_guy
on 7/9/11 9:24 pm
Glad to hear you are doing great. Just follow the instructions that they give you and you will do fine.
Good luck and welcome to the Losers Bench!
Guy

HW-352                        SW-326                        GW-160                       CW-221
1MO- 298                     4MO-243                       7MO-                          10MO-  
2MO- 280                     5MO-224                       8MO-                           11MO-
3MO- 257                     6MO-221                       9MO-                              1YR- 
MORBID           SEVERE           OBESE           OVERWEIGHT           NORMAL                       
Reddheadd7
on 7/10/11 2:09 am - CA
Thank you all for the thoughts and tips/tricks. It was a rough nights sleep last night. I'm a side sleeper and I'm not sleeping in my own bed. We're in a temporary housing situation but I do have lots of pillows. I poured my 3 course "meal" this morning with beef broth, pomagranite/cranberry juice and protein shake, one ounce each. Also I checked my binder and I can be on full liquids now so I'll have to look into yogurt and I already have some V8 juice. That'll do for now!

Thanks again!

Holly O.
on 7/10/11 7:58 am - FL
Awesome, welcome home!!!
   Holly                                      
Most Active
Recent Topics