NSV: Told that My Size Would Not Be Where The Plus Sizes Are

nita_inspire
on 8/22/11 12:20 pm - NC

It's been awhile since I posted, but decided that I wanted to let y'all know about my NSV. I was in the store looking for a specific dress. I described it to the sales clerk, and asked if she knew if they might have any of this style in the plus sized section since I couldn't find it in the regular sizes. She took a quick look and said, you won't find your size back there. I tried to get her to direct me there anyway. She said, if you're lucky you might find a 1X, but your size is going to be up here. I'm currently wearing a 14. I caught myself trying to explain that  I could wear Plus Sizes, when I remembered that actually I don't anymore. Boy was I grinning from ear to ear.  Lol. 

Just wanted to share.

Loud Cheers,
Alnita

Each day we're given the opportunity to create the life we want. It's up to us to decide if we're willing to take the steps needed to start the new journey--Alnita
nana2boys
on 8/22/11 12:22 pm
How funny and congratulations

nita_inspire
on 8/22/11 12:39 pm - NC
Girl, yes. Thanks. Just as I found myself trying to explain to her, it hit me. I smiled, and said to myself, I receive that. Yeah, this is truly a NSV. Funny to think just 7 months ago, she would have been directing me the other way. Talk about the difference a few months have made.

Woo hoo!

Each day we're given the opportunity to create the life we want. It's up to us to decide if we're willing to take the steps needed to start the new journey--Alnita
KatCooper
on 8/22/11 12:48 pm - Collierville, TN
 That is just awesome!!  I cant wait to experience something like that.  I am struggling now, trying to eat and feel good....its great to hear you are doing so well!  Thanks for the inspiration!
Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

nita_inspire
on 8/22/11 1:03 pm - NC
KatCooper,
Look at your numbers. That's the beginning of the inspiration. It's funny I remember that struggle to not feel a twinge when I moved or feel like I was going to toss my cookies whenever I ate, and then one day or maybe over a series of days, it got better. For the majority of us, it really does get better and easier.

As you're waiting, start thinking about who it is you want to become. You will find that some of things that you did before, will no longer serve you. And, that's OK. But, I'm going to tell you like this wise woman from my support group told me (shout out to Susan E and Barbara), OK is not good enough for you anymore. That goes for everything starting with the food you eat to clothes you wear, to way you treat yourself or allow others to treat you. But, only you can decide what your measure is. Best of luck, gorgeous. You'll do great! And, feel free to message me if you need a little pick me up.

Cheering loudly for you and your successes!

Alnita

missjann
on 8/22/11 1:07 pm
Congrats Alnita!  I'm still pinching myself and just this weekend I was on
auto-pilot and found myself heading to the familiar plus size in my
fave clothing store.  I turned about-face and found the missy section
to get new pants in a size 12.  Yay!  Don't you love NSVs more than
anything?  Good job and I'm grinning ear to ear for you!
    Jan

nita_inspire
on 8/22/11 1:32 pm - NC
Miss Jann,
Thanks so much. Pinching yourself, eh? I think that sums it up just about right. I guess it took lots of prompting for my children to get me to not walk towards the bigger clothes first. Funny enough, I still take a quick glance, just in case. lol.  And, it seems, the smaller I get, the cuter the clothes in the bigger sizes are getting. Where was all of that cute, reasonably priced, larger sized stuff when I could fit it. Sweet irony, but that's OK, I'll take what's looking great in a size that's a whole lot smaller than what I've hoped to wear for nearly 20 years.

Go ahead with your size 12 (for now) wearing self. Work it, girl!

Grinning right back at you!

Woo hoo!
Alnita

MissTootsie
on 8/22/11 11:57 pm - MA
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful NSV!!!!

I can't wait till I can go into the Missy sizes!  I find myself browsing in those areas hoping for the day when I can actually buy something from there!

Keep up the good work and thanks for your inspiriing story!  
"You must do the things you think you cannot do."  Eleanor Roosevelt   

nita_inspire
on 8/23/11 12:46 am - NC
Hi Miss Tootsie,
Thank you so much. Trust me that day is going to get here a lot sooner than you think. I just gave away 5 bags of clothes that were too big for me. One of the donated items was a pair of shorts that i was hoping to get down too. I completed skipped the size. So, someone will have a brand new pair of jean shorts. I say go pick you something out that you really like. And, keep trying it on weekly. You'll be surprised at just how quickly it goes from can't even pull it up, to wow, look how amazing this makes me look.

My support group leader told me that, and I have to admit that I didn't one hundred percent believe her, but the proof is in the baggy britches. Make sure you take a picture once you're able to get into that thing that you never thought would fit.

Cheers,
Alnita

MissTootsie
on 8/23/11 1:01 am - MA
You are most welcome! 

Like you, I've been going through my clothes and have about 7 huge trash bags (I am a clothes freak-LOL!) waiting to go out for donations.  And, a lot of those clothes still have the tags.  I started out in a size 24 and am in a 20 now.

I actually have bought a few tops in a smaller size (for me, that's a 1X or XL) that were on sale.  It's a great feeling!  But will continue like you suggested! 

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."  Eleanor Roosevelt   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 8 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views