When is too much too much? Auugghhh

Lindsey82
on 8/23/11 4:39 am
Ok friends~
So not feeling well today. I have a fever of almost 103 and have been vomiting since midnight. I can drink, but it comes right back up. When should I go to get an IV? I hate this, I have been laying on my bathroom floor for hours. I weighed myself today just for kicks...yeah 4 pounds of water weight gone overnight. Oops. This is the first time I have been really sick since my surgery last summer. I feel awful.

bittybabynurse
on 8/23/11 4:50 am - MN
I'd call your doc and see what he thinks. Sooner than later!
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Zombie
on 8/23/11 4:50 am
If you still have a high temperature, you need to go to the Dr right away. If you think you can manage it, then try taking something like pepto for your stomach. It's possible it could be food poisoning of some type. Hope you feel better. 

~Paul~

Kim H.
on 8/23/11 5:33 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
No pepto! Can't be taken by RNYs!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Zombie
on 8/23/11 7:02 am
Sorry Linds, I thought the Pepto would be ok, I've taken it before, but then again, I'm 5 years out. I hope you feel better. Maybe you should go to the ER and get checked out. I will keep you in my prayers.

~Paul~

Barbara C.
on 8/23/11 4:58 am - Raleigh, NC

Please call your Dr. You don't want to wait until you are in serious trouble.

I hope you will feel better soon.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Kim H.
on 8/23/11 5:35 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I'm an ER nurse. Why don't you go in now? They can give you meds, fluids, and hopefully you'll feel better. Some people go to the ER with a splinter...you have good reason to go...it may not be a true "emergency" but you'll be feeling better a lot faster. Take care of yourself and if I can help, let me know.

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Lindsey82
on 8/23/11 7:10 am
Just got back from Urgent Care....they think its the flu. They gave me three bags of IV fluids and I have a nice bruise (battle wound) from the IV. They gave me phenigren for nausea. I do feel better, I just feel bad going into urgent care for something like the flu when there are people way worse off than me. Thanks for all of the advice and support...I so appreciate each of you.

medasstcheri
on 8/23/11 7:32 am - MI
 Lindsey.....I sure hope you feel better real soon!  

I work in Urgent Care and wanted you to know, that is what we are there for.   We actually get alot of people with vomiting/diarrhea.  We always put them on IV fluids and give meds to stop the vomiting.  Urgent Cares were designed for just such cases.  It frees up the Emergency Rooms for more serious cases.   I am glad you went in and got treated.  Severe dehydration is no joke!  You surely needed those fluids.   Here's to feeling better!!
nana2boys
on 8/23/11 12:26 pm
Why can't we take pepto

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 261 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 274 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 318 views
What's on your Monday Menu?