Body image....when did you grow into your new body

sherri7794
on 9/4/11 11:20 am
I am just curious.....when did you find that you felt like you looked?  What I mean is that since I've lost this weight I look in the mirror and I can't believe it's me.  I still feel like the woman that weighed over 300 pounds.  Tonight I tried on my 16 year old daughters jeans and they fit!  It just seems so weird.  I can't get used to it.  I am wondering when others felt that they had grown into their new bodies so to speak.  I am not complaining at all.  I am soooooo happy with what I see in the mirror....I just can't believe it's me.

paranoidmother21
on 9/4/11 11:23 am - Lake Zurich, IL
21 months, and I still haven't.

Oh, I know when I pull jeans or T-s out of the dryer that mine are the smallest ones, and I know when I go to the store that a dress I pick up will be too big, but I'm still consistently surprised when I see a reflection of myself.

I dunno - I was consistently surprised when I was big that I was THAT big, and now I'm consistently surprised that I'm THAT small. My mind has always thought I was about a size 10 - and I don't think I've ever been a 10 for more than a month! LOL!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

sweetpotato1959
on 9/4/11 11:25 am
 It takes quite a while Mom and I both had surgery 15 years and 15 and a half years ago, we still have problems with the visualization, but it begins...to dawn after a few years, unless you use extra visulaization techniques.
Alice P.
on 9/4/11 11:33 am
18 months post op and still trying to see the me everyone else sees!
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

exohexoh
on 9/4/11 11:54 am - West Chester, PA
 i was always backwards. i never thought i looked anywhere near as big as i was, even when i would look at pictures and stuff. now when i look at old pictures i'm disgusted with how i looked (i'm glad i didn't feel that way then). so i don't trust my view at all

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Jessie K.
on 9/4/11 1:48 pm
OMG me freaking too!!!

I look back at pictures of myself on FB, ones I thought I was looking good in and am damn near disgusted. I never looked that big to myself.
But when I look in the mirror now, I'm often harsher than I ever was. Odd lumps, bumps and saggying skin seem to affect me mentally more than fat ever did.  :-S

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
lilbear412
on 9/4/11 1:53 pm - MN
 i can't wait to go through this.  i know when i look at pics or at myself in the mirror i am totally disgusted with myself.  I can't believe i allowed myself to get this big.  But as far as feeling big i never have.  So lets see what the feeling is like when i get down to my weight from say 10 years ago..lol  and when i look in the mirror..it should be interesting.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active