7 months post op w/pics

Carrie W.
on 10/27/11 1:14 pm - KY
I'm now 7 months post op and down 124lbs.  I'm down from a tight size 26 to a 16 in pants and a 4xl to a L in shirts.  I feel so much better.  I've decided to take an interest in my appearance for the first time, maybe ever.  It's weird.  I really feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes.  I've never been concerned about such things as waxing my eyebrows.  Now missing my appointment really throws me for a loop.  Just too weird.  I'd been feeling pretty good about myself but now my pants are loose again and the thighs are flopping all over the place and I'm back to feeling extremely self-conscious again.  Who knows, maybe I am losing my mind?  I don't think I feel like I expected to feel after 124lbs.  Today I had a fat feeling day.  I felt disgusting all day despite wearing my new favorite shirt.  I think I'll be glad when I'm done losing and I can settle into my new body.  Again ... too weird.  90% of the time I don't see a difference in the pics.  Am I alone in this?  I know my face has changed but I have a hard time wrapping my head around just how big I am now. 

Okay enough words.  Here're the pics!!

12 days post op

Today - almost 7 months post op.  This is after a minor shopping incident.  New pants and new shirt, not the fav shirt.  I bought the hoodie mostly because I could.  Never shopped in an Aeropostale.....
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

RedheadinVA
on 10/27/11 1:23 pm
You look awesome!!

lilbear412
on 10/27/11 1:27 pm - MN
 the dog is on the wrong side in the second picture..lol not sure why i noticed that but its funny.  You take up wayyyyyy less space in the door in the 2nd picture than the 1st.  I would have to come to the conclusion you have lost a lot of weight and look awesome.  congrats.  I can't imagine how you feel and being on a stall right now (2.5 weeks or so) i don't think i am losing anymore weight even though i am only 9 weeks out.  Ha.  What a frustrating yet fun experience this WL journey is eh?  lol
congrats on the loss.....your looking great!!

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

JodiLee1
on 10/27/11 1:41 pm
Totally normal to feel this way.  I had my surgery March of 2010 and I struggle with this still.  I feel that I look fat but I'm not.  People tell me how good I look all the time.  I'm always suprised by my reflection in the mirror.  I do pic out things that bother me but no one would notice.  I had plastics (fleur de lis tummy tuck, lipo, breast lift and implants) in July.  I recommend having plastics to everyone. My arms are good and my legs are good.  I didn't feel done until plastics.  I still had all this skin.  I'm still hard on myself though.  My new goal is to keep building muscle.  I want everything to be very tight.  This is my new obsession. I've done 3 half marathons and 3 five K's.   You're doing great!  Keep up the good work.

Momx4kids
on 10/27/11 3:56 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
I was just talking about this to my sister the other week, because I was feeling kind of the same, and she couldn't understand why I was feeling that way, when it is very obvious I have lost alot of weight. I try on my old pre-op clothes from time to time and remind myself how much I have lost. It really gives me the visual picure I need, last week I tried on my old pants, and I fit in one leg!!!
Rhonda

nancy409
on 10/27/11 11:16 pm - PA
Carrie
You look great and yes you can see a huge difference.  I know what you mean by not feeling like you are not as thin as other people see you.   I don't know if it is because we have lost the weight so fast and our minds have not yet wrapped around the idea that we are thinner or if it is the site of the loose skin that we are all working to firm up. 
I tried on a gown that I used for my son's wedding (when I was thinner) and it was actually too big to wear yet I don't feel as small as I did then.  I think our minds will eventually get used to our new bodies, but it may take a while. 
You are doing great and look great, congrats.

LBinSC0712
on 10/28/11 12:42 am
You are doing great!  In the first pic you took up the whole door and in the 2nd -barley half!  Awesome job! 

I don't see my self as smaller either then I saw a picture from my son's bday this weekend and I said "who is this?" and my sister was like "its you".  I could not believe it was me! 

Keep up the good work!

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 1:57 am - TX
Been wondering about you and your new job! You look absolutely great. I understand about feeling fat and having those days. I've been feeling like that as well, and I'm down in a 10 jeans now and Medium shirts...have about 20 lbs to lose and I feel HUGE. My thighs are a major source of concern to me as well. But just going with the flow - I don't imagine most people adjust quickly, and I've been in a 250 lb or more body for going on twenty years, so, it will take time.

I've also been waxing my eyebrows, getting my nails done, pedicures, and even hair extensions because my hair was so thin. Feeling a tad guilty but also loving it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 1 replies · 10 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views