So much to say ~

Kelly S.
on 12/10/11 10:39 pm - MA
Well, as of Thursday, I've lost 100 lbs!! I want to shout it from the rooftops, but have been quietly celebrating in my head.  I truly believe I deserve this, I earned this and I am proud.  However, to tell people (and I have) feels a little braggy.  

I went to a Christmas party last night (alone - hubby stayed home with the little one).  The hosts are friends that I have known since I was 2 yrs old.  Needless to say, they've known me thru everything. It was gratifying to see their reactions to my new body (they had no idea I had had the surgery).  I was even called "skinny minnie"!!! I've never been called that before ;)

It was hard not drinking at a very alcohol-centric party, but I got a little buzzed off of the compliments instead ;)

taylorwayzz
on 12/10/11 10:52 pm - MI
congrats on the weight loss!!!! And you deserve to be proud!!!
 Lynnette                 
tulips52
on 12/10/11 10:55 pm
 100lbs lost is certainly something to celebrate!!! WoooHoooo for you!

SugarGrl
on 12/10/11 10:57 pm
Oh, how wonderful for you!  100!!  Can you imagine?  Did you ever think?  I can't wait to hit that goal!! I'm very proud of you and have just run through my house shouting in excitement for you!  My little dog is the only one who will think I'm crazy for doing it!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

pattymac65
on 12/11/11 12:04 am
Go ahead... shout it from the rooftops.. you deserve it!!  Congratulations!!
TaysMom
on 12/11/11 2:48 am - Covington, GA
You look amazing!!!  Please shout it from every rooftop, mountain top, all over!!!!  You have done such an excellent job.  As a newbie, just over three weeks, to see others success really helps.  I love to celebrate and your 100 lbs loss says CELEBRATION, Come on!!!!

pittgal08
on 12/11/11 3:17 am
You are an inspiration!! Congratulations on your amazing success! :):)
oxfordcat
on 12/11/11 3:37 am - NJ
shout it out.  really loud.  You deserve it
"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
DebsGiz
on 12/11/11 8:35 am - FL

Since I love hearing the bragging, brag away!! You earned it so I think you should most definitely pat yourself on the back!!

Congratulations skinny girl!!
Kelly S.
on 12/13/11 10:16 am - MA
Thank you, EVERYONE! You're all so sweet!  I'm sorry it's taken me a few days to say that. I've been swamped with work and commitments at home, so I'm just getting a few minutes to sit and view your replies.

I haven't been terribly vocal about my weight loss, except to those I see on a regular basis (for instance, nothing is on facebook, etc), but I'm starting to feel like I want to share. It feels so good to have this new body.  I still have about 40-50 lbs to go, but after just 6 months, I'm feeling fantastic about the 100 lbs. It took many months for me to see the difference, and I still see myself as pretty heavy (hanging in at 202lbs at 5' 9"), but am very aware of how much better I look.  It's exciting and I am really looking forward to the continuing changes.

THANK you all, so much, for your encouragement.  I hope I can do the same for you ;)

Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics