Gross vitamin question? And your recommendation?

Nikia S.
on 1/16/12 10:34 pm - Garland, TX
So I am trying to plan ahead and yesterday the nutrtionist gave me some samples of different multivitamins since the Walmart Equate version gave me a severe headache. I tried the Celebrate Multi ( Mandarian Orange) she gave me and a few hours later my urine smelled like cat spray. EWWW!! Has anyone had this problem and what multivitamins do you use?

Nikia S. ~~My not yet is way better than my right now~~
HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

kayleighs_mommy
on 1/16/12 10:36 pm
My doctor recommends Flintstones. They aren't as bad as a lot I've tried.
canigetthattogoplease.blogspot.com

RNY 12/20/2011

laura_vermont
on 1/16/12 11:01 pm
Don't use flintstones.  They aren't nearly complete.  Have you tried the centrum brand?  Bariatric Advantage?  If urine odor is the biggest problem, honestly, I would just up my water intake.  
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Nikia S.
on 1/16/12 11:13 pm - Garland, TX
I have only tried the Equate and the Celebrate. I don't know which was worse the headache or the urine smell. lol But she did tell me I can take the prenatal I used to take if all else fails.

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/17/12 1:05 am
OK. Urine smells - post op you will have more issues than that,   Sense of Smell is one that gets really tricky early post op.

I use Centrum equivalent CVS brand multi (spectravite).  Almost 4 years post op I still use chewables (it is easier on me).   But so many people use pills. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Rdy4change11
on 1/17/12 1:21 am - GA
Like Hala, I also use the CVS Spectravite.  They taste pretty good.  I was cleared for whole pills after 30 days, but I still use the chewables cause I like them.  They've never caused any stomach upset or anything.
Blondie76
on 1/17/12 1:40 am - AL
I use country life adult chewables. I get them at the vitamin Shoppe. They're something like pineapple orange. Not too bad, not something I call a treat. Love all the stuff in them though.
Nikia S.
on 1/17/12 6:41 am - Garland, TX
Thank you!! I knew I could count on you guys/ladies!!

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

Most Active
Recent Topics