Random Food Intolerance

owlisn
on 1/23/12 8:58 am - NC
So when it first happened, I was just starting solid foods.  The second time, I thought I was eating too fast.  Tonight, I just can't explain it....every time I try tilapia, I end up running to vomit.  Does anyone else have any strange foods that they should be able to tolerate, but can't?
Allison

LJ1972
on 1/23/12 9:20 am - FL
Is it just that food making you ill? Do you season it a lot? Chew thoroughly? Eat more than what you can tolerate?

I only ask because I love tilapia and it makes me sad you can't eat it LOL

I haven't found anything I can't tolerate yet as far as "normal" foods. Sugar alcohols mess with me some, but so far I am ok on everyday meat and veggies
owlisn
on 1/23/12 9:47 am - NC
 First two times it was just seasoned with mild seasonings and today just lemon and garlic.  I chewed the crap out of it and it started after a few bites. 

My husband loves tilapia so I feel bad.  Funny that I can tolerate an overcooked steak, but not fish.  Tuna is fine though.
Allison

Ladytazz
on 1/23/12 9:34 am
I was like that with chicken.  I love chicken so I kept trying it every few days.  After a few months I was able to tolerate it consistently.  Don't give up, just wait a bit before you try it again.  You may very well be able to eat it fine a little further down the road.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

tiffers1971
on 1/23/12 9:45 am - IN
OMG!! Me too!! Tonight was my second time trying it and I was sick on it right away.
KatCooper
on 1/23/12 9:47 am - Collierville, TN
 Chicken does it to me, for some unkown reason.  I have tried it mulitple ways and it kills me each time.  And pork chops.  I can eat BBQ fine but not grilled pork chops.   Its an adventure.  At least now I know when something is a "no go" before I puke!!

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

LJ1972
on 1/23/12 9:54 am - FL
oh ...
I put some lemon juice, salt, pepper on a filet, cover it with a paper towel and nuke it for 3minutes, then lay a slice of provolone cheese and heat it another 10 seconds or so.
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/23/12 7:59 pm
Any meat that is too dry will do that to me.  Chicken and pork are the worst but tilapia will do it to sometimes.  It is so thin that it dries out really fast.  Try cooking and eating it with a sauce and see if that keeps it moist.  Maybe that will help.

Winnie

Keeves
on 1/23/12 9:14 pm - Elizabeth, NJ
Allison asked, "Does anyone else have any strange foods that they should be able to tolerate, but can't?"

The simple answer is YES. It seems that the great majority of us have strange foods that we should be able to tolerate, but can't. There are some posters who write that they can tolerate almost anything, but they seem to be the minority.

The really weird part is that there seems to be ABSOLUTELY no pattern to any of this. Even the same person can be okay with a food one month, and intolerant the next month. It comes and goes. I was pretty good with eggs, for example, and yesterday I threw out my breakfast after two bites. But in contrast to Winnie (above) I think I do better with drier meats, as long as they're not TOO dry.

The best advice I can offer is that if you find something that you can't tolerate, don't mourn over it, just tell it, "We'll try again in a few weeks."

Most Active
Recent Topics