Too much sugar??

czechsmix8
on 2/10/12 4:37 am - MD
I started drinking Click Vanilla Latte in the morning - so two scoops with 12 oz of skim deluxe milk.  I was using regular skim milk and then started using the deluxe which is 1 more gram of protein and only 90 calories.  However, when I entered it on My Fitness Pal I noticed the milk and the click were 24 grams of sugar.  I must have had the wrong listing for the regular skim milk before because it never showed the sugar and i didn't realize I was drinking that much.

Anyway, do you think that is too much sugar?

hedrider
on 2/10/12 4:45 am - Midlothian, TX
Everything I see shows that the Deluxe milk has 16 grams of sugar versus 12 grams for regular skim per cup.  Not a big difference.  The 12 in regular milk comes from Lactose.  Two scoops of Click has 7 grams of sugar - again lactose.  So a total of 18 versus 23 sugars.

Probably not a problem with that much lactose unless you are intolerant.  I'd never heard of deluxe skim milk and had to google it.  Makes me wonder where the other 4 grams of sugar come from.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Ramie A.
on 2/10/12 4:53 am - Bronx, New York, NY

May I make a suggestion?  Use powdered skim milk instead of the Skim Deluxe, then use water instead of milk to make your shake.   One-third cup is 8 g protein and 12 g lactose sugar.  When added to a protein shake and mixed with water, it tastes just like you made it with milk.

Just a note -- I find Click tastes better made with jus****er (no milk in liquid or powder form). 

I also use a tablespoon of milk per 6-8 oz of greek yogurt to mellow out the tang.

I like to have the powdered around because adding it to my yogurt is the only time I use milk, so keeping the liquid kind around is wasteful, as it spoils before I use it.

Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 2/10/12 5:15 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Sorry to highjack but  Ramie I noticed  you had the band then converted to bypass . I am in the same position, had my band in 05 and will be converting to bypass possibly by the end of this month. May I ask how your recovery went? and how you adjusted to the difference in eating band vs. bypass.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks,
Donna Q.
nkara
on 2/10/12 5:47 am
 as long as you can tolerate it I don't see a problem.  Your not eating a piece of cake.. your drinking a protein shake with milk so your getting in your protein and calcium.   
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views