My pants are getting longer? NSV

blondesunshine1
on 3/9/12 2:30 pm - MI
RNY on 02/13/12
So as I put my scrubs on for work tonight(which by the way were the last chance, nothing else clean, too tight ones) and I noticed that they are longer on me? Am I getting shorter? No I dont think so. I think its because my thighs are getting smaller, so the material hangs lower now? lol does that sound stupid? Anyway it got me excited. And this week I listened to the vets and hid my scale, only using it once this week. What a difference in my mental state! When I got on it today I was 3 lbs down yay. I will be using it once-twice a weeek now(I guess I cant go cold turkey).
~Angela    
kayleighs_mommy
on 3/9/12 3:08 pm
Good for you!!!   After I had my band and had lost weight a few years ago my pants got longer too!!!   I thought it was fun telling everyone my legs had gotten shorter!! 

So... Congrats on your shorter legs     LOL.   What a great NSV for you. 

Good for you on hiding your scale.  I tried that.  Realized I could just weigh myself on the Wii.... not to mention I saw where my hubby hid it.  Then one day it just reappeared and has not been hidden again.  I'm such a scale junkie.
canigetthattogoplease.blogspot.com

RNY 12/20/2011

sweet-tart2012
on 3/9/12 4:39 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
If my "legs" get any shorter, I'll be walking on stumps, I'm so short-legged!   Don't give me a horror story, blondesunshine!  lol   lol   I am so happy  for you.  That must have been a special moment when you noticed your clothes were getting l o n g e r !!  Congrats on the weight loss.

blondesunshine1
on 3/9/12 4:50 pm - MI
RNY on 02/13/12
 Thanks! I really don't think my legs Ee getting shorter, I think my thighs are just slimming a little lol. It looks like we are surgery buddies! 3 days apart. I hope your recovery is going smoothly too!
~Angela    
sweet-tart2012
on 3/9/12 6:46 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
My recovery is going great although I have not lost any weight.  Nada, zilch!  Beginning to wonder if I even had an operation.  Wait a minute - I have scars!  lol  Didn't have any problems except for constipation (which has been addressed by the doctor).  I currently weigh 282 lbs. so we are close in weight also.  (Started at 329 lbs.)  Hope your gastric continues to go well.

Skinnygirlme
on 3/9/12 5:55 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Such and exciting realization! Great job! Gladd your recovery is going well! 
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
dasie
on 3/9/12 9:34 pm
No....you are right.  I am tall, so one of the greatest things about the losing stage was as my bottom and thighs became smaller my pants became longer.  When I bump up a few pounds, the length of my pants are always affected as many times I can only find pants at a perfect length as long as I don't gain.

Mary Catherine
on 3/9/12 10:18 pm
 I grew out of clothes so quickly that I never really noticed them getting longer.  But I know that petite lengths always fit me before and now I have to have everything hemmed two inches or I will be walking on them.

I do not get the concept of hiding the scale.  You guys went through the torture of watching the scale go up for years.

Now you are denying yourselves a lot of pleasure by not allowing yourself to watch the scale go down.

I would never willingly go a day without stepping on the scale.  When I was losing it was fun
When I regained, it kept me out of denial. Today I rejoice in getting on the scale, seeing my goal weight come up most mornings, loving when it goes below goal, and reacting immediately if it goes above goal.

Whatever anyone else trys to tell me, for me this is about how much I weigh.
blondesunshine1
on 3/10/12 12:07 am - MI
RNY on 02/13/12
 The reason I hide the scale right now is because I'm happy if the number goes down, and I get depressed if it goes u***** change. It mentally changes me for the day, and I will get on it multiple times a day. So for me it's not good. Right now I'm weighing every couple of days, and that is better for my mental state lol.
~Angela    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 165 views