Starbucks?

Alma Salazar
on 3/27/12 4:35 am - Dallas, TX
Do you guys know if we can have the skinny drinks?  they have skim milk & sugar free from what I understand. 
poet_kelly
on 3/27/12 4:39 am - OH
Well, I have them.  Some people might prefer to avoid the caffeine but I feel OK about having caffeine in moderation.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KatCooper
on 3/27/12 4:48 am - Collierville, TN
 I love my Starbucks!!  I always order them "skinny" which means sugar free syrup and skim milk.  My surgeon did not have a caffeine restriction.

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

PMarie
on 3/27/12 4:48 am - Bloomington, MN
 I do the skinny drinks (Tall, not Venti or Grande).  Caffeine doesn't bother me.  I drink plain black coffee at home, but a skinny latte is a nice treat once in awhile. 

Debbie A.
on 3/27/12 4:50 am - Aurora, OH
I stop for a fat free, sugar free, decaf vanilla latte at Panera Bread almost every morning, it does have some calories, but not bad, it is my treat and look forward to it!

MarilynT
on 3/27/12 5:40 am
I sure hope so....since I've been drinking them the entire 10+ years I've been post op (and even before surgery!!).

Enjoy your Starbucks!

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

poet_kelly
on 3/27/12 6:10 am - OH
I'll add that I watch them closely to make sure they don't mistakenly use the syrup with sugar.  I even know of one case in which someone asked for sugar free, then halfway through drinking it, began to experience symptoms of dumping (there at Starbucks!).  She asked the barista if she was sure she'd used the sugar free syrup and was told that they were actually out of the sugar free so they gave her regular instead, thinking it wouldn't matter.  So I explain that sugar will make me very ill and keep a close eye on them while they repar it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Alma Salazar
on 3/27/12 7:36 am - Dallas, TX
thanks you guys!  I truly appreciate the input on this question.  my doctor said a cup of coffee was okay, just no sugar of course!  I have been drinking regular coffee and add splenda.  I also tried the sugar free hazel nut creamer - just add a little of it and it's been okay, just for a little extra taste. 
hedrider
on 3/27/12 8:57 am - Midlothian, TX
 Yes.  I have the grande decaf skinny on occasion.  But remember - a grande is still 130 calories.  A tall is still 90 calories.  Sugar free and skim doesn't make them calorie free.

I still heart them though.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 3/27/12 11:11 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
I get the tall skinny peppermint or skinny cinnamon dolce latte but alwayso rder them in decaf .
Cher