sick of food, help!

blondesunshine1
on 3/30/12 3:10 pm - MI
RNY on 02/13/12
So I am almost 7 weeks out and 33 lbs down. Im not sure if that is normal or not to be down 33 lbs. I feel like it should be more. Anyway I feel sick of food! All of it. I cant eat yougert right now, or drink the shakes, and now eggs Ugg is this normal? And when I eat normal food I get nausous, so I am staying away from regular food for now. I had a couple of times when I ate something and had to throw up later. So maybe that is curbing my desire to eat normal foods. Im not sure. So right now I am eating oatmea, cup of soups(lipton), protien bars, dry special k cereal and thats about it. Has anyone else had this problem? I feel like I am coming up on a stall because of this, because the scale hasnt moved all week.
~Angela    
poet_kelly
on 3/30/12 3:18 pm - OH
Are you getting enough protein?  Sounds like most of what you're eating is low in protein and high in carbs.

Stalls happen to everyone, no matter what you do.  But not getting enough protein can cause all sorts of problems, much more serious than stalls.

I'm not sure what you mean by normal food.  Do you mean solid, dense food, like meat?  How about things like cottage cheese, sliced cheese, thinly sliced deli meat, ricotta cheese, soup that has real meat or beans in it (not cup of soup), chili, beans, tofu, veggie burgers, tuna salad, sugar free pudding with some protein powder added?  If you don't like protein shakes, how about hot protein drinks?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

blondesunshine1
on 3/30/12 5:04 pm - MI
RNY on 02/13/12
Thanks Kelly. The meat I ate(steak) was what I threw up on, two different times. I made sure I chewed it really good too. I will get some protien drinks tomorrow, and hopefully that will help, and I will try some deli meats.
Jennifer M.
on 3/31/12 7:34 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 Steak works better if you buy prime meat from a butcher.  Otherwise, it's really hard to break down the connective tissue simply by chewing.  

on 3/30/12 3:39 pm - OR
 agreeing that might be too much carbs! especially the cereal. Check your protein.  I am sick of food too, its almost a chore to eat now. It goes in waves and I am 9 months out

Lisa R.
on 3/30/12 3:40 pm - CA
 The less I ate the less I lost in the beginning.  You do need to eat more, whether you enjoy it or not. 

If you are throwing up food you have an issue, talk to your doctor.  You have to stop eating cereal this early out...oatmeal and Special K....not good choices.

There is not normal weight loss...each person is different.  This is your journey so this is your normal.  A week is not a stall.  Try no weight loss in 3 months, that's a stall!  

Eat more protein and if you keep tossing it back up, call your doctor and find out why.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
blondesunshine1
on 3/30/12 5:01 pm - MI
RNY on 02/13/12
My nut said oatmeal is ok. I buy the sugar free oatmeal and she didnt have a problem with it. I will have to eat more. I only threw up three times, but most things make me nausous. I will get some protien drinks and hopefully that will help, thanks!
sarahmathis1681
on 3/30/12 5:15 pm
RNY on 02/13/12
 we are surgery sisters and my nutricianist told me that Kashi go lean crunch Protein is really good for us and that it comes in mutiple flavors

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

poet_kelly
on 3/30/12 5:21 pm - OH
I don't think it's that good for us.  One cup (if you can eat that much) has 13 grams of protein, which isn't bad, but also has six grams of sugar and 30 carbs.  Cereal really isn't a very good choice for us, at least not on a regular basis.  I do eat it every once in a while, without milk (because if you eat it with milk, you're eating and drinking at the same time, which is also not good for us), but I wouldn't call it really good for us.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sweet-tart2012
on 3/30/12 7:06 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
What Kelly said.   Also, some people have trouble eating steak before 6 mos. out acocording to a few blogs I've read.  Have you tried egg beaters?  They sit easier on your tummy.   Best wishes

Most Active
Recent Topics