And I was doing oh so well!!!!

kkjordan78
on 4/19/12 1:41 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello All!

OK, here it is. I have been doing really well with my food and protein intake. I decided to try eggs (my absolute fave food in the worid) yesterday. I fried it, probably mistake # 1.

Anyway, I was happily enjoying my egg and smoke salmon until about halfway through. I thought I was full and I felt it bubbling in my esophagus, you know the feeling when you overeat. So, I am waiting for it to come on up and it just sits there for a long time. It was the most discomfort I have been in.

Finally, I gagged myself (I know) and a little of my salmon came up not the egg!  I was MISERABLE for about 3 hours and I am still not right today. My stomach feels tight  full and sore, I have short waves of nausea (yesterday, it was one long 3 hr wave), I feel like I have to "go" but I don't. My normal stuff is making me queasy.

Did the eggs really do it to me?? I feel pretty lousy with lot of extra loud gurgling and whale singing going on in my gut.

Help please! Thanks!  
Lisa        
gbsinsatx
on 4/19/12 2:13 am - San Antonio, TX
 Eggs are unpredictable, even at 2 years out for me. Sometimes they go down fine and other times I have the same experience as you had. Welcome to the wonderful world of the "grouchy pouch"...LOL

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

lesserman
on 4/19/12 2:18 am - Chicago, IL
I think this is probably why I am now partial to Egg Beaters and similar products...Target's Market Pantry's Better n' Eggs is the best such product I've tried thus far...
Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

kkjordan78
on 4/19/12 8:32 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
He/She is grouchy indeed. Glad to know I am not some odd rarity! Thanks!
Lisa        
Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/19/12 2:16 am - Baltimore, MD
Have you ever considered it was the salmon and not the egg? Sometimes things that didn't make you sick before make you sick that one time. I know with me if one thing came up and not the other, I pretty much assumed what came up is what got stuck.

And salmon only seems to work for me in a salmon cake. Every time I eat it as a filet, it gets stuck. No matter how moist. It is a dense, fatty fish (excellent fats for your heart tho).

Just a thought.
kkjordan78
on 4/19/12 8:34 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello!

You could very well be right.I had the smoke salmon before and it was fine. I just assumed it was the egg since that was the first time I tried it like that.  But I do know that I will NOT be trying that combo again! Thank you!
Lisa        
Cherokeesage
on 4/19/12 2:17 am
RNY on 02/24/12
My husband made me a scrambled egg with a few beans thrown in wk two after surgery.  I had a couple of bites and all was well.  Each time he made this I could eat it.  I made it and up it came.  That was 6 wks ago and I still don't want a scrambled egg.
kkjordan78
on 4/19/12 8:36 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Oh, I hope I am able to eat my eggs again! I love eggs...
Lisa        
cajungirl
on 4/19/12 2:30 am
Many early post-ops and some long-term have difficulties with eggs.  I'll never forget the misery I felt the first time I tried to eat eggs.  Still today I struggle with scrambled eggs yet I can eat a boiled egg usually with little struggle. 

Give it a few weeks before you try again and maybe try tuna or chicken salad with eggs in them (that was the only way I would eat eggs the first 2 years after hurting a time or two).

You may also want to eat soft foods today or even liquids only to give your pouch a rest.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

kkjordan78
on 4/19/12 8:37 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
I think I will do that. My pouch is NOT normal today. I better give it a break! Thank you!
Lisa        
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 401 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 391 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 284 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 190 views