Now or never

Nichole9937
on 4/29/12 10:07 pm - ME
RNY on 05/07/12
Did anyone else start eating worse and worse as their suregy date got closer?  Everytime I look at something I know I won't be eating after surgery, I think I better eat it know while I can...  :(  Then I feel awful after.
stlfocus
on 4/29/12 11:54 pm - IA
Pretty normal.  One warning though is if you gain too much weight, your surgeon may postpone surgery.

One concern most surgeons have a is a fatty liver getting in the way and eating junk is a good way to grow your liver (I don't know if that is the proper medical term).  My surgeon told me he has started surgery and then closed the person up without doing surgery because the liver was in the way.

spotcat6
on 4/30/12 12:03 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 05/07/12
I did too but in moderation. The night before i started my protien shake diet was the worst i could not seem to get full that day to save my soul. Just becarful not to gain any weight,i know some Dr. even expect the patient to lose a certain portion of weight before surgery. Thank good i was under his line so i am good to go.

Nichole9937
on 4/30/12 10:58 am - ME
RNY on 05/07/12
I did have a weight loss contract with my surgeon...  I am met that goal and kept it off!  I had my pre-op appointment today, and they say all is well and normal! :) 

I am getting really nervous now as the day draws closer and closer.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views