Eating certain foods...

amn12118
on 7/1/12 12:31 pm
im pretty much 4 months out and tried PB recently and didnt have luck with it, as for pizza, I refuse to eat it..its not a healthy option for me and it was a big part of me being overweight..id rather skip it lol
Neaucora
on 7/1/12 12:33 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast sometimes. No problems. The only issue is the calories. Peanut butter has a lot. I have yet to buy some PB2. Maybe next week. As for pizza. I had a couple bites of the melted cheese topping at my daughters graduation party. Big mistake. I threw up and heaved all night. I don't know if there was just to much fat/oil or what. But my pouch didnt want it. So be careful.

mirlyn2012
on 7/1/12 12:42 pm - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
Dumped on PB right out the gate. I couldn't get down any protein drinks/powder/food anything so I tried to lick on a spoon of natural jif... oops. Worst dumping episode I ever had and that was only a couple weeks out. I do put some PB2 in my protein shakes very rarely but pb isn't really my favorite flavor so it's rare.

Pizza? First pizza I had was the toppings during my orientation for work I'd say almost 3 months out. None of the crust.
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
JaneJetson
on 7/1/12 12:43 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
 Every protocol is different so you need to look at your paper work or talk to your surgeon the next time you see him/her.   Some people can eat all kinds of things yet other doctors says no.  So regardless when someone can eat pizza or peanut butter it has no bearing to when you can.  You may not be able to eat it for a year or more, so try to focus on the healthier choices and not on stuff that got us in trouble in the first place.  It takes time to develope a new mindset when we have eaten a certain way most of our lives. Good Luck!  Jane
aesposito
on 7/1/12 12:44 pm
Ate the toppings off  a pizza a few months after surgery.  Had a small piece with crust cut up in tiny bites a few weeks ago with no ill effects... but it didn't taste the same as pre-surgery and I no longer have the urge to try it.

Peanut butter was a go-to food for me after surgery.  I think I had my first spoonful a month in.  No problems at all with it.  I don'****ch fat or caloric intake though... just carbs... so if you do, you may want to avoid it.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

tgrlnh
on 7/1/12 12:48 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
I definately did not think I was going to eat pizza anytime soon and I don't like the commercial (pizza hut) pizzas.  I would much rather find a healthy alternative such as the one christinalee suggested but I was curious as to see when everone else becme brave enough to try these foods.

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

christinalee
on 7/2/12 6:43 am, edited 7/2/12 6:43 am - At Home in, NH
You can get the gluten free crust in Hannaford's in the Natural Foods freezer section. I won't tell you it's the best tasting crust; I consider it more a pizza toppings delivery system 'cause it allows me to get all the yummy stuff in my mouth using a crust! The brand is Better Bread Company and it's out of Windham Maine.

http://betterbreadcompany.com/

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 7/1/12 1:33 pm - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 If peanut butter is a trigger food, better skip it. It's a safe food for me, but I've only used PB2 mixed fairly thin since surgery. It is nice and thick and rich-feeling, so it's nice if you have cravings for thick and rich. I had my first PB2 at about 4 weeks.

I can't imagine choosing to eat pizza. After being so desperate to lose weight I endured abdominal surgery and permanent nutrient malabsorption, giving up pizza forever seems like a given. Probably it'll come around for me someday, pizza being the only thing on offer for dinner. I'll try to prevent that situation, but will cross that bridge when I come to it.

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/12 1:46 pm - Bay City, MI
I do natural peanut butter every now and then. Its a treat for me.
acrespin1
on 7/1/12 8:57 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
I'm 7 weeks out and had PB about 2 weeks ago with no problem. I also made my own version of pizza a couple weeks ago using a low carb tortilla, pizza sauce, low fat cheese and turkey pepperoni. I had no problem with it, but haven't really wanted it since. My taste has changed a little since surgery so certain things I craved before, I don't now. And some things don't taste as good so I don't want them either. I had my first very small slice of dominos pizza a couple of days ago at my daughters birthday party, and it wasn't that good. I think me and pizza are starting to part ways! lol  But, I'm also on a regular diet now, so my nut gave me permission to eat it at my daughters party.

Most Active
Recent Topics