Eating certain foods...

tgrlnh
on 7/1/12 11:48 am
RNY on 06/05/12
When did youstart to eat Peanut Butter post op?  What about Pizza?

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

Lady Lithia
on 7/1/12 11:53 am
Peanut butter in small quantities (one tbsp) about four to six months postop, pizza 1 year postop.

Peanut butter has a LOT of sugar depending on brand, and some people dump on it. I'd postpone for a while.

I was eating the toppings off a slice of pizza at 6 months, nibbling about an inch of full corner plus the toppings off a slice at one year, and at goal (29 months) eating one whole slice minus the crust.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

poet_kelly
on 7/1/12 11:59 am - OH
I don't like peanut butter but eat almond butter occasionally.  Not real often, though.  I was probably a year out before I ate any.

Pizza, I may have eaten the toppings off a piece about three or four months out.  I don't remember exactly.  It's not something I eat often.  Maybe once every two or three months.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 7/1/12 12:02 pm
I keep single serving cups of Jiffy peanut butter at school so if I have a low blood sugar, they work the best in getting my sugar back online without adding a future crash to the mix. But other than that, I don't consume it either. Just not my "thing"

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

poet_kelly
on 7/1/12 12:06 pm - OH
Unless you're using it for that purpose, low blood sugar, I would recommend choosing a "natural" peanut butter, one that contains peanuts and maybe salt, but no sugar.  I think some peanut butters are more like candy than peanuts.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hannan
on 7/1/12 12:02 pm - FL
RNY on 06/06/12
I put peanut butter in my chocolate protein shake sometimes. I do fine with it. As for pizza I haven't had it yet. It was my biggest problem pre-op.

christinalee
on 7/1/12 12:10 pm, edited 7/1/12 12:10 pm - At Home in, NH
When I was released to regular diet (as tolerated), I bought PB2 and used that when I had the urge for peanut butter. While PB2 isn't peanut butter, it is a suitable sub for me. Real peanut butter is a trigger food for me, thus I do not have it in my house.

I am a year out and I haven't eaten a "pizza hut" type pizza yet. I do make my own pizza, using gluten free pizza crust, and use mushrooms, onions, fresh tomatoes, fresh mozarella, basil and pizza sauce. To me, it's better tasting and better for me, than commercially prepared pizza and it satisfies the urge.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

JaneJetson
on 7/1/12 12:36 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
 That pizza sounds yummo to me and you are satisfying that urge.  That is a big deal for all WLS patients.  Plus way more healthy as you said.  Jane
Neaucora
on 7/1/12 12:30 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
I do a tablespoon of peanut butter every now and then for a pick me up. But there are a lot of calories in it. I have not bought the PB2 that everyone uses yet. As for pizza. I tried a couple bites of the cheese topping at my daughters graduation. Bad choice. I threw up and heaved all night. I look at pizza now and do not have any inclination to eat it. So be careful. It may have been too much fat/oil. not sure. But my pouch didnt want it.

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/12 12:31 pm - Romulus, MI
RNY on 04/25/12
I am now 9 weeks post-op. I started putting all natural in-store ground peanut butter on very thin apple slices. I will only eat 1 tablespoon with a 1/4 of an apple for my snack.
I have no desire to eat Pizza or anything else that has bread, pasta or rice in it.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 44 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?