Confused....X-boyfriend wants me back now

tjleigh1965
on 7/18/12 12:01 am - OH
...Go figure...now that I am dropping the pounds and inches , here he comes..

I told him oh you didn't want me to have the surgery because you thought I would loose my curves. Boy you should have seen his eye ball drop to the ground when he saw me yesterday for the first time in  almost 8 weeks.  Ha Ha Ha  PRICELESS!
I told him I am moving on .. I am now interested in this guy from my church .. and he kept asking me how we can make up! so on ...Now he started looking at me as let me get her back before someone takes her. 
Do I want  to give him another chance and mostly do I want a life with a Firefighter Chief who is set in his ways.  I am ready to explore the new me ..
Am I being stuck up now??

LiciaLou
on 7/18/12 12:08 am - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
Hun, You are definately NOT stuck up. He was a jackwagon & left you to go through surgery on your own because he couldn't/wouldn't get out of his own way. He did you a huge favor by showing you his true self. He left without letting you have a say; now is when you get to have control & refuse to let him back in.

From what you said in previous posts, this new guy is a God send & I wouldn't cheat yourself out of finding out where this new relationship may lead.

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

tjleigh1965
on 7/18/12 12:40 am - OH
Yeah you're right..I'm so glad I have you guys to share things with...It's not that i don;t know these thing it is just good to hear it from other persons who have gone through surgery!.  Yeah I need him as my support and now that the stitches are healed my heart has not!!!

jewel-twin
on 7/18/12 12:09 am - Canada
He left you right?.... Lady Move on. He had his chance he lost his chance and you have a full happy life ahead of you.
DangerGirl
on 7/18/12 12:15 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12
 You are NOT being "Stuck Up", don't even doubt yourself on that!

The fact is that you are ever changing and will continue to do so on this process, he has not.  I'm outside the situation and have never met either of you (Obviously) but I don't think he should win the prize just because he can see what eveyone else does.  He broke up with you because "because he thought you would lose your curves" ... sucks to be him.  

Do what you need for you.  Give yourself some time to really learn who you will be in this new body.  Don't let him suck you back to the past.

sumueulu
on 7/18/12 12:16 am
I don't think you're being stuck up at all. I think you are starting to realize your worth and that you deserve more than you were getting.
It's ultimately your decision if you go back or move on. But be honest with yourself and your decision. If things were't great before he broke up with you, chances are it won't change and you'll be back in a cycle where you're unhappy.
Do what's best for you in this new chapter of your life.
Sarah
Neen L.
on 7/18/12 12:28 am - Arlington, VA
I'm all for working through problems in a relationship, but it sounds like he left you for a pretty lame reason the first time. It also doesn't seem like he doesn't really know what he wants and it's next to impossible to be in a relationship with someone who isn't reliable.

One of the things that my husband and I included in our wedding vows was "I will ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in our lives, and remember that even if I lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there." If I wasn't sure he meant those words, I couldn't have married him.

I'd say that you should continue to heal and enjoy your new life. If you do choose to begin dating him again down the road, I'd begin with asking him what changed his mind AND what he is going to do this time to make it a healthier relationship for both of you. If he doesn't have a reason for leaving other than "I was afraid you'd look different/be more confident," then it's time to ship him off for good.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

tjleigh1965
on 7/18/12 12:35 am - OH
WOW!! Neen,
BINGO, thanks I need to hear that...Yeah you're right before I was feeling like the ugly fat person who was happy just to have anybody especially a firefighter,  But now because of my new mind set which is totally on my health and getting this protein, water and vitamins in.. He does not occupy my mind like before.  For once I am learning the new me . And it deserves all the best not second.
You are awesome thank you for those beautiful words of wisdom

Kim S.
on 7/18/12 12:48 am - Helena, AL

Stuck up?  No.  You are FINALLY showing yourself the respect you deserve.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me-DON'T GIVE HIM THE SECOND CHANCE.  He already showed his true colors. 

Have a love affair with the most important person in your life right now.......YOU.

Hugs.

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/12 12:59 am
RNY on 04/18/12
Eight weeks later he wants you back?  Ha!  Too bad, so sad.. he had you and he turned you away. Guess what?  If he wanted you, he would have kept you and found a way to work on the relationship if there were problems.  Instead he bailed and left you on your own to deal with surgery and the aftermath. Now he's having second thoughts -- eight weeks and several pounds / inches later -- pretty pathetic (and shallow) if you ask me.

Moving on is a very, very good idea in my humble opinion.  
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 349 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?