NSV - The Color Run

Lisa T.
on 7/30/12 2:48 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
My bestie wrangled me into standing in for her BF this Saturday at the Indianapolis Color Run.  Initially when folks from the office were signing up for the event, I thought - wow, that's too soon after surgery, I don't think I will be able to walk a 5K by then. 

Well what do you know, this past week I was in California for work.  After finding the local walking trail, I continued my exercise routine which was something I would never have done pre-op.  As I came down an incline, I noticed my feet were rapidly moving back and forth.  Like Forest Gump...I.WAS.RUNNING!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  So I continued to jog until I made it back to my starting point - 1.5 miles!  This wasn't gold medal pace, but it was wicked awesome all the same.  

Back to Saturday, I thought well I'll jog a little bit and see how I end up.  By the end of the 5K, I ended up jogging about half of the course.  Covered in powdered color I thought, this was so much fun, I think I might try it again.  With some additional training, I bet I'll be able to run the entire 5K.  For someone who couldn't run if a zombie was after my brain, to jogging most of this fun run, I think I've come a long way baby!  WoooHooo!!!!  Can't wait to share this with my doc today at my 6 week follow up. 

WLS has opened many old doors that I thought were permanently closed.  I'm so glad I did this and can't wait to see what lies ahead!

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

lksrph
on 7/30/12 2:51 am - NY
RNY on 07/09/12
 That's so great... 
HW  327     SW  290   CW 240  GW  150             ~Luanne~

Skinnygirlme
on 7/30/12 2:54 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 That is so EXCITNG!!! Happy for you!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
pwoo10
on 7/30/12 3:29 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
Hello Lisa,
My surgery was 6/6 and I live in Columbus.  Small world.  I didnt' know there was a 5k this weekend but then again I dont' really look because it has been so hot i'm lucky to walk around the block without dying for air.  I can't wait until the Susan G. in April gets here, I will get in that one and I will get some running in.  Congrads. 

Lisa T.
on 7/31/12 2:57 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
Small world indeed!  I used to visit Columbus when I worked for the DOT.  There is a similar 5K in the fall called Color Me Radd that we're thinking of doing.  If you are at the Komen race, stop by the back sign tent and introduce yourself.  My sorority sponsors it and I'm always there - rain or shine :)
Btrue2u
on 7/30/12 4:43 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
I am so hoppy for you

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Ninny80
on 7/31/12 2:21 am

EXCITING!!!!

I'm signed up to do the Color Run in Portland Oregon at the end of September.  So excited!!!  How hard was it to get the colored powder off your clothes?  Did any of it stain?

Lisa T.
on 7/31/12 3:01 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
I haven't washed my shorts yet so I'm not sure.  If I hadn't stopped to roll in the yellow powder I doubt I would have had as much on my shorts - yes, I am really 12 years old - not 36 :)  At this point those shorts will be history so soon that it didn't cross my mind.  I have my shirt in a plastic bag because I'm going to spray it with vinegar so the color sets in.  I wanted to have a cool momento for later!  I will say, wear a tank top under your shirt, bring a garbage bag, paper towels, and a beach towel to sit on afterward.  Have fun!
Ninny80
on 8/13/12 11:20 am
Did spraying vinigar on your shirt work?

Ninny80
on 7/31/12 3:54 am
Great advise, thank you!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views