HELP! My butt crack keeps getting rips and tears!

shirleyfhoffman
on 10/19/12 1:06 pm - CA
I'm in the gym ALOT! I have 12 fitness classes scheduled, 2-3 hours of heavy weights, and training for my first 5K 3 times/week. I wear a body shaper almost constantly because I have SO much extra skin. I do alot of crunches and work on the stair stepper bench, but my extra skin pops and I get rips and tears in my butt crack. Plus I get rashes and sores in my skin folds AND my belly button gets stuck shut all the time. Do you guys have any advice that can help me until I am able to get my skin removal surgeries?

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

scalingback1
on 10/19/12 1:40 pm - Mashpee, MA
 I would try a cotton under garment-maybe men's boxers to wear next to your skin.  Also maybe try a thin coating of Vaseline on you butt crack and belly button. Take care to cleanse gently after and keep the areas dry with a talk free powder. 
Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck on your 5K run!  Sounds like your working your butt off!

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

Ladytazz
on 10/19/12 1:56 pm
I would see your doctor and see if you can get a prescription for some kind of cream.  That will also help document your rashes for when it's time to go to insurance, if you are going that way.  I have also found that anti fungals help, too, since it seems that a lot of my rashes are due to yeast infections.
I have had a crack/tear in that area for a long time.  I think it may be due to sitting so much with no padding but I use an anti fungal and it helps.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Laenini
on 10/19/12 5:59 pm - Brooklyn Center, MN
I'm 4 days post op RNY and also a pharmacist. I encourage you to have your doctor culture the rash as it sounds to me like you might have a topical skin infection. Or, if you want to just try something right away, go to the pharmacy and look for an aftifungal power called Zeasorb AF. If your pharmacy doesn't have it there are many online sources. Sprinkle that liberally over the affected areas several timles per day. You should notice improvement almost right away. If you do not, then an MD appt ASAP becomes mandatory.

Good Luck!

nursejean
on 10/19/12 9:35 pm
You poor thing! That sounds so painful. I am sure we all know how irritating skin issues can be, but yours sound pretty bad. My husband uses something called Zeasorb powder in his "man region" and it's the only thing that has worked for him. I use it sometimes when I get irritation in places. Also, I second the idea that you should see your Dr. Since you are planning on having skin removal surgery, every time you have something documented at your dr.s office will only strengthen your case for insurance approval. Good luck and you are inspiring to me!
Surgery date of 4/30/12                                                                                                        
Robin R.
on 10/19/12 11:27 pm - PA
RNY on 10/12/12
this might sound a little funny, but for the sore redness there's this cream called anti monkey butt. it's kinda like a baby rash soother but for adults.

Susan2012
on 10/20/12 12:57 am
 I had a similar problem. I found a cream called Calmoseptine Ointment. It really works!  When the area gets a little itchy I use and anti fungal cream under it for a few days.
i do agree that you should have your PCP culture the area so you can be sure it's not infected and is just some kind of a yeast thing. 
Calmoseptine can be bought over the counter. I got mine at Walgreens.

Dawn_117
on 10/21/12 1:03 am
RNY on 07/24/12
Just saw an advertisement for something called 'Interdry'.  Not sure what it is or how it works but said it helps skin on skin contact and they offered a free sample.  Might be worth looking into.

JerseyJim
on 10/21/12 1:48 am - Sayre, PA
If Zeasorb AF doesn't work, try Tenactin. It's also an anti-fungal powder, but uses a different main ingredient. 

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

aesposito
on 10/21/12 3:43 am
Tinactin and then lots of Gold Bond Powder daily did it for me.  My underwear would literally slice into my inner thighs, and I had weeping sores from sweating after exercise.  Tinactin killed the fungus, and then the powder kept things dry afterwards.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views