Diet Changes

macjuicy
on 12/9/12 9:07 pm - FL

Good morning All... Im about 1 yr 2 months out and my Weightloss has froze for a while now, I have 10lbs to go and seems like they will never come off.. I really want to change my diet and excercise program alot... can some of you veterans post your diet as well as excercise that still works for you... Much Appreciated...

BTW Love all my newbies but Id like to hear from people that are over 1 year out... thanks

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

ShrinkingJoe
on 12/9/12 11:35 pm

OK - I'm just over 2 years out.

My weight loss went like this:

1) Started at 404, had RNY October 28, 2010.

2) By May of 2011, I had lost 175 pounds doing absolutely nothing but sitting on my butt all winter.  It was wonderful.

3) In May started hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  Lost 30 more pounds between May 2011 and October 2011.  Hit ~200 lbs.  During this time I climbed many "lower" summits (under 4000 feet high).

4) Went on a three day backpacking trip in the Pemigewasset Wilderness and climbed two 4000-foot peaks - Garfield & Lafayette.  Got a serious bug for climbing 4000-footers.  The "4000-Footers" are the 48 peaks in New Hampshire that are officially 4000 feet or higher.

5) Had hernia surgery in November 2011 and went inactive again for the winter to heal.  Did not gain any weight.  Weight stayed ~200 lbs.

6) Started hiking again in May of 2012.  Spent the season hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire again.  Climbed and additional 17 4000-footers, including the tallest ones -- Washington, Jefferson, Adams and Madison, bringing my total to 19.  My weight remained the same ~200 lbs.

7) Had more hernia surgery in November of 2012 - already recovered - will do winter climbing now.

8) Guess what I'm doing next spring and summer? 

My weight remains at ~200 lbs.

During the peak of hiking in the high hills, carrying a 25 lb pack, calorie burn is approximately 5000 calories per day for me.  I have to eat a lot to maintain the activity while doing it, but the benefit carries over to the off months.  Even during extended hiking trips, I have never been able to carry and consume 5000 calories per day.  I just eat as many Snickers bars as I can carry and rely on my reserves!

Kim S.
on 12/10/12 12:11 am - Helena, AL

Maybe you THINK you have another 10 lbs to lose, but your body is already at goal?  Yes, you can diet yourself to any weight you want....but are you willing to starve to stay there? 

Listen to your body, and let it do its thing.....eat a healthy, well balanced diet, exercise and let the numbers be what they are gonna be. 

Laura in Texas
on 12/10/12 12:14 am

I reached goal in month 14, so maybe your body thinks it's there, too. What I did towards the end of my losing phase was mix it up a bit. Sometimes I ate high fat/calorie food like pizza. Overnight I would literally lose 3 pounds. Maybe your body has become complacent and needs a shock to let go of the last few pounds.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/10/12 12:58 am - Baltimore, MD

I don't exercise or eat to a weight loss plan so much anymore. I do what I like to do. I run about 10 miles a week. I do spin, Body Pump. None of this elicits weight loss as my body is used to it all.

Doing something you've never done or in an intensity you've never done it in usually jolts your body into a shock.

What haven't you done yet?

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

LJ1972
on 12/10/12 1:51 am - FL

I hit a  "stall" or my "happy weight" at 1yr - I am at 16mths now. I have changed diet, exercise, carbs, calories, rest, etc. The only thing that changed my weight was running a 102.4 fever for 4 days. I lost 10 lbs and now that I am better, despite absolutely no change in intake or training, my weight is creeping back up.  I think I am where I am going to be. 

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

macjuicy
on 12/10/12 10:38 pm - FL

I should concentrate on toning losing 10 lbs i dont think will make or break me and i really dont wanna live like a super model to keep 10lbs off lol thanks all

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 271 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 195 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?