Starting the "mushies"(pureed foods)...how did you survive!!!..please...

jessdivine68
on 3/13/13 8:49 am - MI
RNY on 02/26/13

Today I am starting the pureed food phase, I am having a hard time...any suggestions?...

angeleigh
on 3/13/13 8:54 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Chili, wendy's chili in the blender just pluse it for a few seconds. Refried beans with cheese, Ricotta cheese with speg sauce, scrambled eggs, egg salad, tuna fish, steamed cauliflower mashed up, cauliflower rice(just cut it up, put in food processor then microwave covered for 8mins)

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

jessdivine68
on 3/13/13 9:00 am - MI
RNY on 02/26/13

Thank you!! thank you!! thank you!!!!...this is hard but I know it will be well worth it later......

spw7826
on 3/13/13 9:00 am - FL

I did high protein pudding sold at GNC for a while.  The taste wasn't great, but it was okay, and satisfying.  I never broke down and did baby food, although I did buy a couple of jars.

ncbrwneyedgurl
on 3/13/13 9:50 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 02/27/13

I bought some canned chicken...it is mushier and easy to blend. I did some onions, dill cubes, light mayo and chicken....blended to almost smooth. My hubby had RNY in November and I also did canned chicken with ricotta and spaghetti sauce. Egg salad is a good one too. Refriend beans with a little bit of cheese soup and taco spices. I like spicy and was able to find the taco sauce from Taco Bell in a jar at Walmart today...nice to put on top for some spice.

I was thinking about doing canned chicken with some ricotta to make it smooth and add a little bit of buffalo sauce (need to look at the sugars and fat). I found when I was making things for him...if I liked the taste before it was blended...I would like it pureed. Just have to deal with the texture. lol

The big thing is to add some spice to what ever you blend. Just because it has to be pureed doesn't mean it has to taste bland. I remember reading on The World According to Eggface's blog...she said we had surgery on our tummies, not on our tastebuds! lol

Good luck!!

Jennifer in NC (banded 09/08, band removed 11/19/12, approved for RNY 02/14/13, Surgery 2/27/13)

Jenn D.
on 3/13/13 9:57 am - CT
RNY on 01/29/13
What's on your plan? I got a "menu" upon discharge from the hospital, outlining what I could and couldn't have through the phases?
That being said, The soft/puree/mush phase sucked ass, and to be honest, I rarely ate during those 2 weeks(a rule on my plan is if you aren't hungry, don't eat). I agree with the above poster though-spice it up! I love hot sauce, and I dipped EVERYTHING in it. Not that I can stand to look at eggs or yougurt ever again! lol
Good luck and congrats on your new life!
Jenn

MrsLitch
on 3/13/13 10:11 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I just pureed whatever meat I was serving my family. Added a bit of broth to make sure it was juicy and ate it. It tasted just like what they were eating you just have to get mind over matter over the consistency. I must say I loved garlic steak night!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

MichelleNC
on 3/13/13 10:27 am

I am in the liquid part of my pre surgery diet and I have to say I can not wait for some ricotta cheese and sauce I started making that before surgery and my husband said this is going to be part of your regular diet isn't it? I said yep!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

jamiebrain
on 3/13/13 11:52 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12

I survived on ricotta with spaghetti sauce & a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.  Like every night.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

Cheryl N.
on 3/13/13 1:47 pm - Des Moines, WA

My favorite was canned chicken, little mashed potatoes and chicken gravy all pureed together.  Loved it

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views