What's on your menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 3/11/14 12:52 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH friends,

Greetings from warm DC.  Only until tomorrow night when we plummet to the 30s with Winter Storm Vulcan on his way!  LOL.  I had a great day with another great loss showing up on the scale this morning.  My workouts are getting more intense and I am actually ENJOYING them.  RNY is the best gift I ever gave myself.

Time Since Surgery: 12 weeks, 2 days

B: Two hard boiled eggs

L: Leftovers from dinner.  One al fresco jalepeno chicken sausage (130 calories, 14 g protein) with a few pasta zero noodles that have garlic, a spritz of olive oil, and a tbsp of parmesan cheese

D: TBD - meeting up with my old boss.  

S: If I am not at my protein goal, I will have a protein hot chocolate tonight.  Breakfast and lunch are only 323 calories, 28 g of protein, and 4 g of carbs so it looks like a protein shake is definitely in order.

E: Today is a day off

V: One multi, one vitamin D, and two Calcium Citrates down the hatch

What's on your menu today?  Em

Spots- N-Dots
on 3/11/14 1:15 am

Hello from Ohio -

Time Since Surgery 7 months, 2 weeks

B:  Protein shake (Soy Lite milk, SF Caramel syrup), coffee

S:  1/2 slice Turkey Bacon (son ate a bite before I could grab it)

L:  Liver / Grilled Onions (1/3rd left over from dinner)

S: 2 dill pickles (since surgery I crave sour instead of sweet ? I don't know why)

D:  Grilled Porkchop, lettuce w/SF Raspberry Vinagrette dressing

S:  Dannon Lit N Fit yogurt

860 Calories / 83 Protein/  38 Carbs

Your doing great DCGirl ! Your pasta zero noodles look delicious, I'm going to give them a try.

" Never let your dreams rust "   

Dcgirl
on 3/11/14 3:04 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thank you!  I feel pretty great :)  I was LOLing @liver and onions.  When we were kids and we would pester my mom about what was for dinner (incessantly) sometimes she would get fed up and yell "liver and onions!".  We would laugh hysterically at the thought of people eating liver and onions (we had no idea liver was eaten, and as kids we hated onions).  When I was older and learned that was actually a food, it cracked me up!

I love dill pickles too.  I also add dill relish to my tuna.  Yum! 

Liz J.
on 3/11/14 2:03 am - Woonsocket, RI

Well.. Went to bed at around 11pm last night. Woke up to babysit at 330am. I had a green tea with lemon juice. We went back to sleep til 930. I gave him a banana and dry cereal and I felt nauseous so I havent eaten yet. His Mom  is picking him up any minute so Im debating what to eat. I need to lose 40 lbs. 

Kenyatta W.
on 3/11/14 2:23 am, edited 3/11/14 2:55 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl

Everything is ok my way, it could be better though. I'm just going with the flow as of now! Anywho, yet another snowy day tomorrow which today it is going to reach 65 degrees. So my mood is shot.

Time since surgery: 14 months

B: Protein coffee, Boiled Egg, 2 Regular Bacon

S1: 1 oz Turkey Jerky

L: My other 1/2 tray Atkins Roast Turkey w/Herb Gravy & Veggies

S2: 4 pieces Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites (Homemade) with 1/8c Low Fat Creamy Blue Cheese Dip (Homemade)

D: Leftovers.... 2 oz Baked Chicken Tenderloin with gravy & veggies, 1/3 c cooked Spinach

S3: Protein Bar

E: Just not in the mood today

W/Vites: On target

Totals.... Calories 946, Protein 111 grams, Carbs 40 grams, Fats 35 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Dcgirl
on 3/11/14 3:07 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Kenyatta - good call on going with the flow.  Sorry everything isn't amazing.  As I said before, relationships are a lot of damn work!  LOL

Yeah, we have cold coming Thursday, although not snow.  I'm sorry winter is dragging so much!  Your mood will greatly improve when Spring comes.  Keep in mind how far you have come!  

Daisydoo02
on 3/11/14 2:38 am, edited 3/11/14 2:49 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi DCgirl, Congrats on the weight loss, your workouts and due diligence is for sure paying off!!

Hello from Toronto, Ontario Canada - we are supposed to get 15 cm of snow tonight & tomorrow (approx 6 in). I love snow, its just commuting to and from work in it that sucks since everyone seems to forget how to drive in snow!

16 weeks, 4 days post op

B: One cup of skim milk with two scoops of chocolate protein powder

S: One Gouda Babybel *edit* forgot to put One Eggface Ham & Swiss Egg Bite 

L: 2.5 oz of grilled chicken in Pad Thai sauce (leftovers from dinner last night)

D: 3 oz of grilled chicken cooked in Indian Madras sauce 

S: 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries sprinkled with one Splenda

Stats: 674 calories, 29 carbs, 108 protein

Exercise: One hour walk at lunch and one hour hike with Dogs after work

Vitamins: so far good + evening calcium + evening multi

Water: so far so good at 48 oz and will have more at home later

I just wanted to share that my husband bought me a Fitbit Zip on the weekend and now I don't know how I have lived with out this little gem!!! I love it!! Yesterday it logged me as 11,919 steps = 8.14 kms!! Just thrilled!!!  It goes on my bra strap as soon as I get out of the shower in the morning and I don't take it off until I crawl into bed.  Just love it!! Got it off of Amazon and it totally rocks!!

Have a great day all,

Daisy 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Dcgirl
on 3/11/14 3:08 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, Daisy!  We have almost lost the same amount and you are only four weeks ahead of me AND I have so much more to lose!  YOU are doing great!

Amen on the FitBit.  I have the FitBit One and I am addicted.  Wait until you forget it one day.  You will be soooo mad.  I love tracking and trying to increase steps each day.  I now walk the long way home from places just to increase my distance.  I get a weekly digest email too - that's the best to see an email that last week you walked 30 miles (km).  Seriously, it's so motivating!  

Sorry to hear about your snow.  This winter is never-ending.  

ReginaPhelange
on 3/11/14 2:49 am
RNY on 02/24/14

15 days post op Last day of liquid diet (fingers crossed)

B - 4 scoops beneprotien, 2 tsp jello instant pudding mix (sugar free) 1/2 c almond milk

L - 4 scoops beneprotien, 2 tsp jello instant pudding mix (sugar free) 1/2 c almond milk

D-4 scoops beneprotien, 2 tsp jello instant pudding mix (sugar free) 1/2 c almond milk

Dreaming of mushy foods.....

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

Dcgirl
on 3/11/14 3:10 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yay, Regina!  You are in the home stretch!  I know I was SO happy on day 14 post-op when i could have tuna, or egg salad, or chicken salad.  Just chew chew chew.  Nothing has bothered me yet :)  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views