What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Berryhoosier
on 3/3/15 9:36 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning.  I don't have a favorite purchase yet, but I do have a plan.  I'm very close to onederland.  When I get there I'm going to get a makeover and buy all new makeup.  I used to almost never wear makeup, and now I do about 50% of the time. 

B: egg, cranberry cheddar cheese, 1/2 light english muffin

S: homemade hummus, sugar snap peas, fresh mozzarella

L:  Lemon pepper tuna, 1/2 grapefruit, more cheese

S: carnation breakfast essentials with fairlife milk

D: chicken noodle soup (dinner at church)  I'm going to try to pick out the chicken and leave most of the noodles

Have a great day everyone!

AngryViking
on 3/3/15 10:56 pm, edited 3/3/15 11:06 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Fun, a makeover!  You know, I fix my hair and wear makeup every day now.  I used to leave the house bare faced with wet hair.  I like looking nice now.  LOL 

JAMStribe
on 3/4/15 12:17 am

I lived in ponytails and barely makeup for years.  Now I straighten my hair and do makeup every day.

Amazing isn't it?

karenp8
on 3/3/15 10:47 pm - Brighton, IL

My favorite purchase after I got to goal is a red pleather jacket. I picked it up in black and the sales lady said you're so tiny you need to try this red one. I just laughed and so hubby explained how much weight I had lost. Needless to say I got the red one. I was proud of myself yesterday because I had several frustrations like items I needed that the store didn't have that caused it to take times as long to get errands done as it should have. In the past I would have eaten myself into a carb coma but instead I shrugged it off. The only bummer was a had my third dumping episode right before bed. I had a light and fit 80 calorie yogurt with some granola which had raisins and maple syrup in it. I've used the granola on oatmeal but apparently I can't tolerate it on fruit flavored yogurt??! You would have sworn I ate a piece of cake! Heart started racing,I got sweaty and dizzy,stomach cramping and very very nauseated. Suffice it to say I was miserable for about 45 minutes and still don't feel well today. Post op 30 months and weight at 119 today. Exercise will be program 6 on the treadmill and 40 minutes on the bike. On track with vitamins and fluids and here's the food plan: B1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz ground beef with 1/2 c sweet potatoes D 31/2 oz baked salmon with lemon pepper seasoning and 1/2 c Brussels sprouts S Greek yogurt with PLAIN granola. Have a good day everyone!

AngryViking
on 3/3/15 11:01 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Man, that sucks about the dumping.  Sadly, or maybe not so sadly, I do not dump.  I had an amazing brownie at my son's Cub Scout dinner on Sunday without a rumble.  Totally worth it.

I want a red jacket now!

Daisydoo02
on 3/4/15 3:18 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Karen, how is your foot?  How is Lily doing? And my hubby bought me a dark red leather jacket for xmas, I am in love with it.  I feel so sophisticated when I wear it.  It draws a lot of attention and let me tell you pre surgery I would never have worn something like that and now feel so stylish. I wish you could post a pic for us, you also said you got an eggplant coloured dress a while back would love to see that too!  Maybe you can have someone take a some pics for you, load them up on your profile and viola! Sorry about the dumping... was it the maple syrup maybe, I can't eat that stuff, I get so sick off it.  Hope you feel better as the day goes one.  Take care, Daisy

karenp8
on 3/4/15 3:56 am - Brighton, IL

Foot is healing but not totally healed yet. I just started exogen ultrasound therapy daily on it so hopefully that will speed up the healing. I am so tired if being restricted on my exercise! Did I just say that? Who is this person? Lily seems to be doing fine now but is very bored because her exercise is cut way down. It makes her more hyper and more likely to get into things unfortunately! My son will be home for spring break Friday so I will have him help me do some pictures for sure! I have eaten the granola before with oats but apparently it was too much sugar with the flavored yogurt. I felt like I had eaten a whole piece of cake for heavens sake!

NYMom222
on 3/3/15 11:31 pm, edited 3/3/15 11:31 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I do not get on here all the time, so I did want to mention one food item. Yesterday I bought something new at Costco, and tried it last night and it was good. It is in the refrigerated food section called: Maya Kaimal Coconut Chicken Curry. One 5oz serving - which is fine for us, not for normal :) people, just sayin'... is 150 calories, 7g fat, 8g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g sugar and 15g protein. I think it has a good calorie/carb/protein ratio. It goes on sale starting Thursday. Also Centrum goes on sale too if anyone uses it.

This winter I have really enjoyed rocking my skinny jeans with my boots. They are the same boots I have had but zip up a lot easier, are lose even, and I wasn't putting skinny jeans into them before. I went to a shower last Saturday and rocked a bright yellow sweater I bought at H and M....in a Large.  I have never shopped their before. Great NSV is to shop in normal size departments. Even getting into non-plus size jeans . Just wore my first pair of size 16 jeans from Old Navy the other day. Woop! Woop!

B: Apple Cinnamon Smoothie

L: Chicken Curry and Spinach

S: Yogurt (plain with SF pudding powder added)

D: Spinach Artichoke Chicken

S: 1/2 apple and peanut butter

E: 45 minutes rebounder trampoline

W: Good... on my way
Vitamins: Will all be in.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

JAMStribe
on 3/4/15 12:15 am

Good Morning. My days are so crazy now I don't really get on as much as I would like but I have gotten over the 3 week stall from he** totally stressed me out. Lost 1.5 lbs this week. Thank you Lord! 

My best purchase so far ( I haven't done much) was a size 12 dress that zipped all the way up and even my daughter (age 25) said it looked nice.  Me a size 12?? Say WHAT?  and 2 VS Bra's that fit amazing and were way toooo much money but omg you would have thought I was Queen of England walking out of that store with the little pink bag. Def a splurge that I will not do alot but it was so worth it.  

My daughter has just become certified in PIYO. which is "inspired" by Pilates and Yoga. SO.. of course I have to go and support her.  I have gone to her class twice. I am a little sore but so far so good.  This is something I couldn't do this time last year, no way. 

B: chocolate shakeology with 1 tbsp PB2

S: usually fruit, but time restraints it is Coffee w stevia and SF Hazelnut creamer

L: probably 1/2 turkey/cheese wrap w lettuce and tomato

S: Apple pie yogurt and 1/3 cup Kashi go lean mixed in (YUM)

D: Smithfields,  chicken and some side maybe.  If not I will eat 1/2 protein bar when I get home.

V: always

W: I have lax on my water and getting freq headaches.  I like to suffer apparently.  :/

Have a fabulous Wednesday.

Christine

AngryViking
on 3/4/15 1:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

What is it about that little pink bag?!

Most Active
Recent Topics