What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 3/4/15 2:40 am

I went through all the shoes in my closet and I found NONE of them fit anymore.  I am a half a size smaller.  I would never have guessed I carried that much weight on my feet.  But it gives me a great excuse to buy new shoes!! 

Bubbles314
on 3/4/15 2:44 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Ditto.  I need to buy shoes and clothes.  Just not sure what size to buy now.

NYMom222
on 3/4/15 10:24 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Skinny jeans help keep all the jiggly leg fat looking good....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Bubbles314
on 3/5/15 2:03 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks NYMom222, that's good to know.  I will have to try on a pair next time I'm out.  I just assumed they wouldn't look good on me because of my leg fat,  I have a lot more weight to lose....  I only see stick people in them on commercials or adds/magazines etc. 

I want to buy a new outfit for my birthday, sounds crazy but I think I will have to try on a lot of clothes.  Not sure what size I am, and clothes will look different than I am use to.  I want something I can wear anywhere if that is possible.

Thanks again, this gives me another option.

karenp8
on 3/4/15 2:29 am - Brighton, IL

I would run when the camera came out too. The only before picture I have is one they made me take for the church directory. Guess what? I was totally dressed in black. I am so over black now and so glad!

NDHM
on 3/4/15 2:38 am

Hmmmm. I have many, many favorite purchases. The smaller I get, the more I make!!! I actually think my favorite purchase was my gym membership. I DESPISE working out with every fiber of my being, but that purchase forced me to go, & i am proud of what I can do.

B: banana light & fit with a tbsp PB2

L: a yummy new salad recipe and a buffalo chicken sausage link

D: pork taco salad with avocado, salsa dressing

S: Raspberry chocolate light & fit with fresh raspberries & a square of dark chocolate chunked into it

W: never a problem

V: snow day & I forgot all about it. Starting that now

E: whatever my daughter's force me into lol

Daisydoo02
on 3/4/15 3:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi AV, ladies,

I am late again posting today, sorry.  I took a sick day today, I woke up and feel like crap. Not sure if the flu/cold that is going around finally got me but I was so dizzy and nauseous and was on the verge of throwing up.  I tried to take a shower and was so dizzy in the shower I gave up, called my boss and went back to bed only to have the room spinning.  I still don't feel well so my eating is totally off. I am trying to drink liquids at least but even that is not sitting well.  I saw the post and wanted to contribute because its so fun!!

So since I am home today I went upstairs and snapped a quick pic of my favourite post op "thing", my red heels!!! I would never have worn heels pre surgery, hurt to damn much, and last summer I had several weddings to go to and I have always admired the slim ladies who have a solid coloured dress and they make it funky with a bright coloured heel & fun jewerly, so these were expensive but they fit like a glove and I can dance all night in them!!  Also noticed someone said their fav purchase is a gym membership, I have to second that, I love going to the gym and getting stronger and more toned.  Also one of you ladies mentioned skinny jeans.  I didn't wear jeans for close to 20 years due to my weight, now I own several pairs and my skinny jeans are my favourite, sorry AV I listed more than one thing, there is just too many things to mention!

Time since surgery - almost 16 months (March 15)

B: two cups of coffee with one splenda and 1% milk

S: none

L: Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt vanilla

S: none

D: not sure if I will eat dinner will see how I feel, but more water and or a protein hot chocolate, I am just so damn sick to my stomach!

S: maybe another yogurt if I can stomach it

V/W: vits are done, lots of water trying to keep hydrated

Have a great day everyone! Daisy

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

NYMom222
on 3/4/15 10:28 am
RNY on 07/23/14

These red shoes totally inspire me to get a pair. I have a wedding in 2 weeks and found this awesome Calvin Klein dress at Macys that is black grey and white print with edgy zipper detail, and had thought red shoes would look great. I wear a size 12, so not always an easy task. BTW the dress was $140 marked down to $22. Score!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 3/4/15 4:00 am - Brighton, IL

Hope you get to feeling better Daisy! I always love to read your posts!

Most Active
Recent Topics