Has anyone else had this issue with getting rid of clothing?

Susanb2117
on 3/16/15 11:35 pm

Wow!  I cannot imagine a size 2.  I guess I can't imagine any size below a 12 and that is why I am wanting to keep the clothes.  But you are totally right I know!  I am going to get rid of them and have faith :)

karenp8
on 3/16/15 11:57 pm - Brighton, IL

I was overweight my whole life and now wear a size 1. Been here for 21 months too even with 3 foot surgeries. I still sometimes feel like it is a dream,but it is a dream I work for each and everyday!

SkinnyScientist
on 3/17/15 1:09 am

I want a 1!  I want a 1!

Karen..you are literaly Number 1!

How cool!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 3/17/15 1:08 am

Have faith!  So much goes into determining clothing sizes.

For example, I am 138-140 lbs now and wear...a size 4. Maybe a 2.  I can wear 4s but 6s are getting noticably too big.

I work out everyday. I have just recently incorporated figureskating back into my life.  While running took down my hips, figure skating is working on that area between my waist and the top of my butt with all the changes in direction, edges, and turns. My waist is now UNDERWEIGHT for my heighth.

I started out as a size 28-32.  Now I am 4/6.

Just keep following your surgeons plan, exercising like you MEAN IT, mixing the exercise up (so your body doesnt become habituated), eating like you MEAN it (low carb if you need it; only HEALTHY options, stay out of the cake/cookies/junk food even if you cna tolerate them) and watchign your portion sizes.

Seriously, dont waste this gift. It is the nuclear bomb of weight loss. But you only get ONE. If you waste this opportunity you may never have another because revisions typically don't lose as much as fast.

It sounds like you are in the game and are a stakeholder. Go ALL in! Don't give yourself a "safety net" that is going to hold you back in reality. If you dont have big clothes to backslide into, it will REALLY make an impact when your clothes get too tight. You will think "Wow. My pants are getting tight. I have nothing to wear. I better fix this. NOW!"

:)

robinreinhardt
on 3/17/15 4:59 am

Skinny,

You are an Angel. You always have the most optimistic advice. Bless you.

Robin

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/17/15 1:52 am, edited 3/17/15 8:36 pm

I kept some clothes size 12 and below. 

My original goal size was size 12. I went down to 4...and i got rid of a lot of clothes, but kept some size 12, and most size 10, 8 and 6 (that i liked).

Size 4 was too small for me, so eventually i gave away most my xs, s and most 4's. 

I am currently Size 6--8, top 8-12...(depended on the cut and how loose i want them to be). 

Clothes that are 5-10 years old, size 10 ..is today size 8 or 6...give and take...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 3/17/15 1:55 am - Warren, OH

Your 12's will turn into 10's and the 10's will turn into 8's.  The smaller you are, the less weight there is between clothing sizes.  I was in a 4 at 128 and still wear 4 at 136, but at 140 I would need 6.

Plan to get under your goal weight to have a cushion for some Bounceback regain.  That is very likely to happen by year 3.  But maybe not enough to change clothing sizes.  I gained back from 128 to 142 and had to get size 6 pants.  When I got back to 136 my size 4's fit again.

What is very important now is proper fitting bras.  Get measured every 10 pounds and make sure you have proper support.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Susanb2117
on 3/17/15 4:40 am

Thanks.  The bra thing is a whole other issue!  I am having a terrible time keeping the girls up.  I have never had a fitting and would have no idea where to even go, or if I would be able to go do such a thing, LOL.

White Dove
on 3/17/15 6:46 am - Warren, OH

I always go to Dillards.  They are very professional and you will not feel embarrassed at all.  You will look and feel much better in the right bra with the right support and fit.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 3/17/15 11:21 pm, edited 3/17/15 11:22 pm

My girls started at DD. I am now...and A!

I am not complaining.

But stay out of SOMA. Very unprofessional. First, the store I was at didnt have A's. Then, the salesperson told me the money that I saved by not needing skin surgery could be used for breast implants!

It really burned me but I decided that if the salesgirl is so interested in breast implants SHE can get them. I like what I got, just the way it is. I worked HARD for my A's.  They are GRADE A!

:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 148 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views