What's on your Menu Today (Monday) RNYers?

CathyV
on 2/13/17 8:55 am

Morning! Nearly afternoon...

i am drydrydry and itchy all winter...I was before surgery and I am after. I use various lotions. People know I use and love them so I get lotion for gifts a lot, lol.

Breakfast today- coffee with FF half and half. 1/4 cup ricotta with sweetner and lemon, 1 clementine, 1 oz of peanuts

Lunch- deli ham, slice of cheese, pickle, mustard

Snack- hot tea, 1/2 of a protein bar

Dinner- chicken breast strips

snack- 1/4 cup of ricotta with sweetener and lemon. this will be the last of the container! 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/17 9:35 am - CA

Good Morning!!!   

QOTD:  I have had issues with dry skin since I had surgery and it has not gotten any better.  I just find that I have to keep lotion on hand (literally) to combat the dryness.   I am always looking for the perfect lotion and I find one from time to time, but I am always looking.  

I am pulling meals out of the fridge this week, so no planning in place.   I will stick to all of my go to options, though.  

Breakfast:  Egg White Muffin and Turkey Sausage Links  190 cals. 

Lunch: Chicken Sausage Link with Zucchini and Edamame Salad.   302 cals 

Dinner: Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Brussels  245 cals. 

AM Snack: Greek Yogurt  80 cals. 

PM Snack: Turkey Pepperoni and String Cheese 100

Total calories. 917 

Water: on track.

Vitamins: on track.  

Exercise: been slack for the last few due to rain, but will be back at it tonight and on my lunch break.   

Everyone have a great day!  

CJ On Orcas
on 2/13/17 9:42 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Good morning DD2 and crew!

QOTD:  YES!!!!!!  I know that I eat a ton less of fat.  Which leads me to my question:  Should I be buying fat free fill-in-the-blank?  I buy fat free Fairlife (high protein) milk.  I buy nonfat greek yogurt.  After Hala's suggestion I started adding a bit of avocado, and I eat the full fat Babybel cheese.  But definitely do not get a lot of fat in my diet.  It adds a LOT of calories, as we all know, and at 5 months out, I still aim for less than 800 calories a day, closer to 600 if I can help it.  One little package of guacamole is 100 calories!!!  I have very dry skin, hands, face, legs, etc. etc. etc.

B:  Premier Protein chocolate with lots of coffee

L:  1 c. Homemade Wendy's chili, salad with light ranch

D:  3 oz Chicken patty with carrots

S:  Dannon Greek Peach yogurt, babybel, sf jello, sf cranberry juice.

Totals:  720 calories 83 protein 49 carbs 23 fat

Sunny day here after a WEEK of being snowed in.  Have a great day everyone!

RNY_elizabeth
on 2/13/17 10:09 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I wouldn't add anything just yet.  Get to goal...then slowly add that stuff in. 

But for now...eat bacon. :) Bacon cures everything.

~E the Punny

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Queen JB
on 2/13/17 10:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I just wrote this out and it sounds like a terrible math word problem, but bear with me... The full fat stuff will keep you more full for longer, so sometimes having more calories in one sitting stops you from eating fewer calories in two sittings... Anyway, you get the idea!

I would definitely do full fat in yogurt. There is a big difference in satiety. 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

pammieanne
on 2/13/17 1:34 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

And... SOME fat free products are made with extra sugar to add in flavor from taking all the good stuff out. That said, I use the 2% Fairlife... and have bought the Fat Free because, if I remember correctly, they don't add sugar.

I don't like yogurt, and only eat it when I have no other choice, so I don't buy it, but I'd check the sugar content versus the full fat ones too.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Sssmck
on 2/13/17 11:05 am
RNY on 01/23/17

Love the pic, your puppies are adorable! 

I had an interesting/stressful evening - I live downstream of the Oroville Dam by about 60 miles - not sure if you would have seen that the Dams auxillary spillway was expected to fail last night, which could have been catastrophic. Where we live luckily we did not have to evacuate like 188,000 others in the area. We offered our home up to several friends who already had plans. The town furthest south that evacuated is just 10 miles north of us. So, very thankful to be home safe and sound today and going to see what we can do to help others. Most are being allowed to return to their homes this morning with no damage expected. So much for living in a California drought! 

QOTD: This is actually an interesting question for me, because as I age my skin is definitely changing! I have very oily skin on my face, but my hands, arms and legs have just started turning dry in the last couple years. Reminds me it's time to get my super hydrating stuff on after my shower today. 

Oh, and I asked hubby for my scale back this morning - I weighed last at the doc's office last Wednesday and I'm down 4 more pounds. I asked for the scale cause I could see differences in my face this morning :D I also only have 4 pounds until I weigh less than my hubby! Such a great NSV!

B - almond milk and chocolate splendor unjury - 130 calories and 22 grams protein

L - trying tuna for the first time post op. 1.5 tbsp tuna and .5 tbsp of light mayo 

S - both afternoon and evening snack is splitting a cup of ff sf chocolate pudding made with skim milk and a scoop of unflavored unjury. This is around 210 calories and has 29 grams of protein

D - two tbsp refried beans with tiny sprinkle of cheese on top

S - see previous snack. 

Teena D.
on 2/13/17 8:07 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Wow scary stuff! Glad people are able to go home again. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Emiepie
on 2/14/17 6:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you are far enough away to not have to evacuate. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

jenl8270
on 2/13/17 11:22 am

This is my first time replying to this post but I wanted to get involved here so I can get some different ideas on things to eat. 

First off.... Wow, that is a lot of snow!!  I live in sunny Arizona where our high today is 72 and last week was in the 80s. 

QOTD....  Yes, I have found that my skin is super dry since surgery.  I find that just plain coconut oil works better than anything else.

Menu:

B - Egg Whites with cheese and turkey lunch meat and a little homemade salsa

Lunch - 4 oz Shrimp

Dinner - haven't quite decided yet, but probably shrimp again if there's any left when I get home

Snacks - Protein Shake (my doctor still wants me drinking these at least until my 3 months check up which is next Monday)

L - Water & pink lemonade crystal light (I usually drink about 72 - 80 oz/day)

E - 20 minute walk this morning before work and will do another one when I get home from work.