What's on your Menu Today (Monday) RNYers?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/14/17 4:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Me too! I kept seeing my mother in the mirror (which was part of my motivation for getting a facelift - it was my mother 20 years older than me that I was seeing).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

matchison
on 2/13/17 7:44 am - CYPRESS, TX

Good morning all, great picture of you and your pup.  I can't imagine putting up with all that snow.  Being a Texas girl, we are not equipped to handle it.  Our temps in Houston for the past week have been in the upper 70s and mid 80s.  

QOTD: I get dry skin every winter and use Aveeno.  

Time since surgery: 5 weeks

B: Hazelnut Coffee with Half & Half and Ideal Protein Cappuccino

S: 1 Lt Baby Bell, 1oz Deli Turkey

L: 2 oz Deli Turkey

S: 1 Lt Baby Bell, 1oz Deli Turkey

D: Grilled Chicken Thigh, Loaded Cauliflower

S: SF Popsicle

TOTALS: Calories 601 Protein 68 Carbs 13

Height 5'5" Sleeve Nov 2011 HW 250 SW 241 Total Lost 70.0 lbs

Convert to RNY January 10, 2017 HW 260 SW 250 CW 178.4 GW 150

pammieanne
on 2/13/17 7:51 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Morning everyone... SO LATE TODAY... SUCH A MANIC MONDAY FOR ME...ARGH!!!!!

Hubs most likely has the flu... he started feeling bad Friday night, and hopefully he can get in to see the doc... please swing a few chickens my way that I don't come down with it too!! How long is the incubation period for this crap anyway?? Sigh...

THEN... I'm on my way to work today... phone rings... it's hubby... one of our rescue boxers was once upon a time a starved breeder female, and now she has a really bad habit of eating her... poo if left to her own devicesAnd that is exactly was she apparently did this morning at 5:30 when I let her out... then I fed her... and guess what happened???  Hubby is just too sick to deal with it, so guess who had to turn around and go back home to clean up poopy ...

THEN, I'm trying to get this deal closed on a home I have listed, and the other Realtor is calling the termite company, who in turn calls my client, who in turn is sending me scathing texts about the Buyers... closing on a home is very stressful for people, and this person is selling this home as the Trustee in her mom's Trust. There's a lot of emotions going on, and I'm the one that gets to play the mediator...  Exhausting... 

Please keep those chickens swinging... 

On a GOOD front!!! Stall has broken (oh, well yeah, I AM eating 100% on plan... so it's probably more that than anything, but we'll just call it a stall because that was the longest I've gone without losing... 3 weeks)... and this morning I weighed in at 151.2!!!!! Only 1.2 lbs to a normal BMI, and only 6.2 lbs to my original goal I set with my NUT wayyyyy back when.  I have a renewed sense of confidence about not only hitting my goal, but perhaps going another 10 pounds or so... I think 135 sounds fun... we'll see  Someone remind me of all this confidence I speak of in a few weeks when I start whining again 

QOTD... I'm no VET by any means... but man am I dry!!! Not sure if it's just that I'm paying more attention or it's just winter, or what... but I buy Gold's Bond lotions like crazy! I love that stuff, btw, not too greasy, but it really keeps you soft all day long.

So my menu today... running out the door, the first time, I grabbed 3 containers from the freezer, it was dark, and I really couldn't tell what they were.. I do know they are all low carb, mostly protein dishes though! All of these are somewhere between 2.7 - 3 ounce containers

So for breakfast, I heated up a chicken crack bowl, and I'm eating it in between typing! 

Lunch looks like jambalaya, but I'm not positive

I brought an extra one just in case, it too looks like jambalaya

Dinner is up in the air... since Hubs is so sick, he can't stand the smell of any food right now, so I may take the kids up to the local place in town to eat... I WILL make a fabulous choice though, because right now I'm on a roll, and I'm feeling so confident about food right now. Score!

2 latte's down already (Hey, I was home, I made 2 of them and brought one to work!), and probably 1 more tonight... all with Fairlife milk and SF syrup.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

rachelp
on 2/13/17 8:01 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Yay!! My stall is broken too! I was at 203 then my old scale broke and the new one was weighing me at 206 for the last month and this morning I weighed 202! So close to onederland!

I hope your hubby gets to feeling better and you don't catch it!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

karenp8
on 2/13/17 8:04 am - Brighton, IL

Sending prayers up for speedy recovery for hubby and for him to keep his nasty germs to himself. We women are too busy to get sick!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/14/17 4:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! I love that you grabbed 3 containers and ate "mystery" meals. Your pre-planning worked out well! 

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Cloie74
on 2/13/17 7:56 am - New Bedford, MA

Winters are harsh on my skin as well...I use Oly of ole silk ribbon body wash which helps a TON and my dermatologist says the best time to apply lotion is as soon as you get out of the shower, while you are still damp. Your pores are as open as they will be at that point in time and your skin will absorb the lotion better.

Breakfast: Protein coffee

Lunch: Cream Cheese Pancakes and cottage cheese.

Dinner: I made an amazing riccotta bake last night with ham, turkey pepperoni and mushrooms, I will have leftovers for dinner :)

Snacks: not sure yet...need to hit the market today, have been avoiding because of the snow and all the crazies buying milk and bread lol

RNY_elizabeth
on 2/13/17 8:00 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Happy Monday! The starting gun has fired and we are OFF to the week long races. Wheeee! Let's make it a great one. 

You and your dogs are like being eaten by a snow monster! Oh my.  That would be so much snow we would shut down the state for a week. You make it almost look fun.  Today it was about 65 this morning and will be in the 70s all afternoon here in Texas.  I don't want to trade.

QOTD: Yes, I am having more dry skin than I did prior to surgery but it isn't so bad. I use Melaleuka "Renew" and it is magic stuff.

Accountability: I did the lunches thing!  I am super proud of myself! Here are pictures...

I baked a batch of no sugar added banana nut granola (FYI...I changed some things on this... no coconut, added sliced almonds and pecans instead) and portioned out five 1/3 cup baggies.  Portioned out my homemade Greek yogurt and my blueberries and grapes mix. I baked the meaty ricotta bake and portioned it out, left one in the fridge and froze the rest. I packed up little bags with my vitamins for each day. I am SO READY for this week!

Took my first dose of Chantix this morning!  It is happening.  I haven't stopped smoking but in three days I will have worked up to a half dose and the urge to smoke should be coming down.  By next Monday I should be off of them entirely!  

Weight was 122.2 this morning. Steady and holding which is my goal right now. Hold steady and keep my protein up. Killin' it!

Menu: B: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 1/3 cup granola; L: Meaty ricotta bake (1/2 portion); S: 1 cup Grapes and blueberries; D: 1/4 pound Brisket and 1/2 cup cole slaw; ES: Chobani Crunch Simply 100; Totals: Calories 1014; Protein: 71; Carbs: 56; Fat 83

Have a great day!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

karenp8
on 2/13/17 8:07 am - Brighton, IL

This picture makes me feel so disorganized!  Great job,E!

RNY_elizabeth
on 2/13/17 8:15 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

This picture is SO ORGANIZED and I am SOOOOO NOT!  Real organized people don't take pictures of how organized they are. :)

For me this was a huge victory! Now...let's see if I can do it next week right? ;)

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS