What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 6/12/17 2:37 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Monday everyone! Who had a good weekend? Mine was great. Busy but good. My nieces grad on Friday was amazing and we had hot sunny weather all weekend. Supposed to be melt your brain hot here today! I am working a half day and go see my PCP for my yearly check up, I really like my family doctor but not when it comes to anything WLS related, she is clueless.

QOTD: Do you go grocery shopping at the same store every week? Do you go on a certain day of the week? Do you take a list with you? Do you use coupons? We always go to Walmart and get everything there but fresh fruits & veggies because the one by us the produce sucks but the rest is so cheap. We go to a higher end grocery store for our fresh produce and some specialty meats. We like to get it done on Friday after work and we got out to dinner first at our fav diner. I am totally anal about having a list, I must have a list and I write out the list in the shape of the store so we get in and get out! I do not use coupons, I don't know why I just don't.

3.7 yrs post op RNY - maintenance food

B: tons of decaf coffee with vanilla PP and tun + bell pepper + balsamic dressing

L: Tim Hortons (Like your American Dunkin Donuts) beef chili before my Doctor's appt

S: 2 babybel

D: 1/2 cup ground turkey taco meat + 2 tbsp shredded cheese

S: skyr yogurt + 8 fresh raspberries + 1 tbsp bran buds

TOTALS: 1062 calories, 120 protein, 48 carbs

V: patches are on

L: lots of decaf and lots of water with flavourings

E: step class for 60 mins, & muscle pump

Have an awesome start to your week my friends! Be fabulous!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Librarian67
on 6/12/17 3:03 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks! Another weekend here and gone and Monday has arrived again.

I had a nice weekend with two new walks and some swimming. I even went to the outdoor pool on Sunday for a bit. Even though the air temperature was in the 90's, the water temperature was still pretty chilly, so I did my laps in the indoor pool. I've decided that I'm going to take private swimming lessons again this summer. I know the basics, but I'd like to improve my skills so I can enjoy my water time more.

Today is supposed to be about 95 so I plan to do an early walk and keep it shorter than this weekend.

QOTD: We get a grocery delivery of basics every week on Fridays. It helps to eliminate some of the grocery store hassle for the usual things. Since surgery, we've also been making weekend trips to Trader Joe's for fresh things like meat and veg. I plan the delivery very carefully, but TJ's is more free form and I see what strikes me. I like coupons, but I never remember to use them.

Breakfast: egg whites, turkey bacon

Snack: Fuzzy Navel protein shake

Lunch: TJ's chicken salad

Snack: turkey breast

Dinner: TJ's sundried tomato chicken sausages

Exercise: 3-4 mile walk

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Insert Fitness
on 6/12/17 3:21 am

Morning menu gang!

i had a great weekend. I was on my own and it was nice, I don't think I've had any alone time since I went back to work. Got some practical stuff Done, visited with family, got a pedi, and watched so terrible television.

qotd: it varies. Most of our meat and eggs comes from the butcher in our neighbourhood. Except beef, we get that from my dad, and whole chickens from another farmer. Most of our fresh food and produce comes from a store called produce depot. And when I need pantry type stuff, it's usually from a smaller metro near our house.I avoid giant superstores as much as possible, I just don't like the experience. Except Costco for premiere protein. That's about every 3 months. Then, all bets are off. We return home with the most random things.

Menu:

B: protein shake

L: 2.5oz taco beef with veggies

D: chicken sate skewers I have marinating now.

S: plain skyr with strawberries

take care, have a great day everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 6/12/17 3:47 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I had a lovely weekend, celebrating Grim's Birthday! Back to reality, today...

QOTD: I go to Trader Joe's on the weekend, where I get 99% of my food, and then sometimes stop at a "regular" grocery store at some point during the week. I grab KCups when I am at Target.

22 months post op / 116lbs today / maintenance diet

B: Pastrami Style Smoked Salmon & HB Egg

S: Coffee with Milk; 2 slices of Deli Roast Beef & 1 Slice Lite Provolone Cheese

L: Mason Jar Salad: Spinach, Onion, Cukes, Chicken, Bacon & Feta

S: Instant Pot Crack Chicken

D: Shrimp & Turkey Kielbasa

Totals: Calories: 847 / Protein: 92 / Carb: 12

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

FindingCharlie
on 6/12/17 3:47 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Good morning Dsisy and everyone!

Have been MIA because have been busy with a lot going on. Way to much to explain. Wanna pull my hair out at this point though. Funny story though...woke up a couple mornings ago and it was pouring down rain. I looked out the bay window in our bedroom that overlooks our pool and seen something big in our intake of the pool (guess that is what you call it, lol). Had my husband look and we figured out it was the stray cat that has been hanging around. It must have fallen in the pool or something and made it to the intake...and now was stuck there. We had to lift up the access to the intake and take the leaf strainer to the front of the intake...finally coaxed it out through the little access opening. This could only happen to my husband and I, lol!

QOTD: I shop around for bargains but generally get a lot of shelf staples at Walmart, veggies and fruit at Price Chopper and meat at Big M market. I don't have a specific day I do the shopping..just as needed but since we live 30 min. from the closest large market, I try to only go once every week or 2. I use coupons if I have them.

Menu

Breakfast: egg and cheese scramble.

Lunch: turkey and cheese rollups

Dinner: Crab cakes

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Queen JB
on 6/12/17 8:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry about whatever is getting you down. I hope you are feeling better!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Meggles07
on 6/12/17 4:55 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Nothing currently scheduled for today -- I'm going to try to get a doctor's appointment. My clinic requires you to call in in the morning which is so annoying. I hurt myself at soccer last week and he was out of the office, so I was told to call today.

QOTD: I go to whichever store has the best deals for the things I need that week. We purchased a 1/4 cow, so mostly I just grab a few things to supplement what we have. I don't buy too many fresh fruits or veggies because we never use them up in time. I somewhat coupon, but I find the coupons are so often for unhealthy things or for things we never use. I use a flyer app on my phone which is great because you can search for an item and see who has the best price. I actually have to go shopping today, so I have to figure out where I'm going ;)

Breakfast - cheeseburger

Snack - kielbasa and cheese

Lunch - beef skewers

Snack - chicken

Dinner - tbd

Snack - protein shake

All water and vits.

pammieanne
on 6/12/17 6:54 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

That's how I feel about coupons too... I end up buying things I wouldn't normally buy, and most of the coupons are for things I don't buy anyway! Very few coupons for the 'perimeter' of the store... and that's what I shop the most anyway.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

pinyee
on 6/12/17 5:02 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Morning Menu Family... It is going to be HOT HOT HOT today!!! My weekend was pretty busy but that is okay with the exception of making it go by way to quickly.

QOTD: Groceries... Generally that is my Saturday thing and I get the majority of things I need at this one store however, there is another store in my area as well and if they are having a good sale I will pop in there pick up things. We keep a list on our fridge for stuff we need and we make a run to BJ's once a month and when we need things from Wal-Mart I always go there before work because there is one across the street from my office but it is not one with a grocery store. I find if I go in there before work it is so much better because there is no crowd just me and few other people.

B: 3 slices of Bacon and 1/2 c of watermelon

L: chicken salad on cucumber slices

S: yogurt

D: Steak and cottage cheese

Have a great day!!

FozzieBear
on 6/12/17 5:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning guys!

We had a really hectic weekend but got a lot accomplished. There are lots of things happening with myself and my family lately and while I haven't been able to post here often I am still sticking to the plan.

QOTD We go to Costco for some things, Walmart for others and there is a fruit and veggie wholesale place close to the house that we like too. I use the Flipp app at Walmart to price match when I make the time to.

6+ months post op

B- coffee w/ 1/2 chocolate premier

L- turkey and cucumber

D- pork tenderloin and chopped salad

S- skyr, coffees w/ remaining premier

Have a great day and an awesome week everyone!

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?