What's on your Monday Menu RNYers?

supershopper
on 10/23/17 7:23 am

im doing curried goat ribs in IP on slow cook today, then will do ribs later in IP on pressure. Its smells amazing in kitchen now

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Writergurl08
on 10/23/17 5:28 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! First day starting an earlier shift and I'm hitting the coffee!

qotd: not much going on at our house for Halloween. No kids, and our neighborhood does a "safe" Halloween at the community center, so we don't get trick or treaters either. Imagine my disappointment last year when I bought a ton of my favorite candy and had nobody to give it out to! Yes, I ate it.

Accountability: birthday party yesterday and I thought I'd maybe share a piece of cake with DH, but I ended up getting hungry, and my grandma had NO real food for this party! I thought I could count on a veggie tray at least! So I did share the cake with DH, but also had a rice crispie treat and some sticky popcorn. Felt sick afterward, I'm not used to eating that much sugar anymore.

Breakfast: 3 oz deli turkey, 3 slices Swiss cheese, a lot of coffee with SF creamer

lunch: 1 Cup leftover chili

snack: Greek L&F

dinner: salmon pinwheels and spinach salad

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 10/23/17 5:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I, too, am going to buckle down on exercise. As of this week, my schedule is much more manageable (and should be until the end of January), so I have NO excuses. But then - I was going to try to make a 7:30 Pilates class. It is now 7:31, and I still haven't showered yet. Tonight...we'll do something tonight.. (I haven't tried Pilates since I was over 300 lbs. I didn't like it then - but I'll try it again and see if it goes any better...)

QOTD: we don't really do anything for Halloween. We don't have many kids in the neighborhood, so for the last few years we've only gotten like five or 10 trick-or-treaters. We haven't participated since I had surgery in 2015 because of that, because that means a lot of leftover candy lying around. I'm sure we're seen as scrooges, but...

2 years 4 months out

B: homemade Greek yogurt, 1/4 mango, 10 raspberries

S: coffee with half & half, chocolate/salted caramel protein/Miralax latte shake

L: 1 C chili with 2 T shredded cheddar cheese

AS: celery with peanut butter (? taking some to work to see how this works out)

D: chicken/apple/pecan salad

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

obxhatteraslight
on 10/23/17 9:24 am - baldwinsville, NY

DO you have a recipe for your chicken pecan apple salad TIA just always sounds so good when you post it

catwoman7
on 10/23/17 9:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not really - I just take about 1.5 C of spring mix (or a spinach/spring mix blend), top it with about 2 oz of diced cooked chicken breast, half an apple (chopped), about 5 toasted pecan halves (also chopped), and about 2 T of Brianna's poppyseed dressing. In the summer, I make it with half a peach instead of half an apple. It's great!

another (related) version which is also great is a Michigan salad. For that, add a few dried cherries, and use a cherry vinaigrette instead of Brianna's poppyseed. A true Michigan salad will also have either feta or blue cheese on it as well, but I usually leave that off.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Daisydoo02
on 10/23/17 5:46 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning Teena and RNYers, Happy Monday!

QOTD: No kids so no dress up. Our street is not very into Halloween, the larger subdivision I live in is very into Halloween but my street there is only two houses out of 80 some odd that are decorated, its weird. My work does nothing for Halloween, some people decorate their offices/cubicles but not anything formal. And I love Halloween so it breaks my heart that my street does not participate. We have a lot of different cultures on my street and lots of new immigrants and they don't participate in Halloween, is what it is.

Accountability: ya whats that?? There was strawberry shortcake, apple pie and some peanut M&Ms. I went off the rails this weekend, I was super hungry and I ate it all. And I paid for it, the RH was horrible. I should know better but everything was so yummy and I got caught up in the sugar rush. Clean eating this week is a must.

3.11 years post op R NY - here is what I have planned & inputted in MFP for the day

B: decaf coffee + vanilla Premier Protein used as creamer

L: 1 chicken slouvaki skewer and some side salad

S: laughing cow cheese dippers

D: 6oz of chicken breast + A1 sauce

S: 1/4 cup bran buds with 1/2 cup 2% lactose free milk

TOTALS: 802 calories, 112 protein, 46 carbs

V: Patches are on (multi, iron, B12, Vit D & calcium) + 4000 extra oral Dry D3 + 1 extra oral B12

E: 60 min step class then going to Costco after

Have an awesome day!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Teena D.
on 10/23/17 6:42 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

WOWZERS! Almost 4 years out! Can I call you a vet now? You're doing great. Sorry about the RH.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Emiepie
on 10/23/17 6:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

We can support one another. I will stay strong for you D!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

capnmac
on 10/23/17 5:50 am
RNY on 08/11/17

We live on a dead-end street at the top of a hill, so we never get trick-or-treaters. I gave up buying candy years ago. We did, however, go to a friend's costume party dressed as Elpheba and Glinda. I'm the pretty one on the right.

Menu:

B: Half a banana

L: Some, as yet undecided, flavor of Tuna Sensations

D: Zucchini Lasagna with Turkey Pepperoni

I've been pretty consistent with my weight loss but this week I seem to have stalled. I blame the cookie and the mini-muffin I had at the costume party.

Capn Mac
Actor, playwright, IT Guru

RNY: 8/11/17
Highest Weight: 365 lbs -- Pre-Op Weight: 352.8 lbs -- Height: 6'1"

M1: 42.8 lbs M2: 18.6 lbs M3: 13.4 lbs M4: 10.8 lbs M5: 12.6 lbs

CarlRay
on 10/23/17 6:02 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning!

My Menu is as follows:

B: Protein shake

MS: FF greek yogurt with strawberries

L: cottage cheese with cucumber/broccoli and some tuna

AS: See MS

S: Unknown, but likely chicken.

Trying something new I was thinking about. Not sure if I saw it somewhere here, heard about it from the clinic or whatever, but a "3 bite meal" week. Any meal, any snack. 3 bites of whatever measured foods I eat. I just want to see how it stacks up as a measuring tool against my measuring cups out of morbid curiosity than anything. I was thinking about it as a control measure for those times I don't have my pre-measured tupperware cups or anything with me (family gathering, spontaneous dinner out, party, etc.) Obviously it excludes a protein shake and any liquids, but it could be useful. If not it's easy to scrap.

The weekend was pretty good. I got a lot of work done on the yard, cleaned up the outdoor stuff for the winter before I wind up doing it when it's -25 degrees. Emptied out the hoses, shut off the water, cut off the hostas, bagged up the grass, generally kept busy with all of that stuff. Hoping it's all good to go now and I haven't forgotten anything so I can relax and focus on my drum refinishing project. I have a student kit I'm resurfacing with a stain, and it's under way. Looking forward to completion.

Halloween should be low key. Last year I was in prep mode for surgery and managed to stay out of the candy, both given out and collected as I walked around with the kids. THis year I WILL repeat that. I really enjoy walking around with the kids, coffee in hand. Our neighbourhood crawls with kids every year, and to have 3 or 400 at the door isn't a stretch. Such a stark contrast to when I was a kid growing up on the farm. We might have had 10.