What's on your Monday Menu RNYers? Gratitude Day 1

karenp8
on 11/20/17 5:59 am - Brighton, IL

Another chilly day here in the cornfields of Illinois but at least the sun is trying to come out and the wind has died down. Lily and I have our 3.8 miles in already and will do another mile after supper and before bell choir. Accountability was fair:no extra bites but I didn't get my mile in due to being busy at church. QOTD I love being normal now people no longer stare in my grocery cart or look at my plate in a restaurant. I didn't realize how much these bothered me until they no longer happened. Post op 5 years 2.75 months and weight at 118.6 today. Heres the food for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 1/2 c chicken salad carrot sticks D 31/2 oz ground beef with cheese and salsa 1/2 c green beans S 5 oz greek yogurt with 1 T granola. Have a great day full of smart choices!

Amy Liz
on 11/20/17 6:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Morning everyone~ I'm home sick again, this sinus cold is killing me with this killer headache...I once wrote on here that I'm tough and not a baby when I'm sick, but if it involves this kind of headache, I most definitely am

QOTD - How much easier everything is - walking, stairs, exercise, breathing, fitting in -not being noticed for being so big and feeling comfortable anywhere in any chair! Simply put- feeling physically and emotionally better.

Accountability - okay - I tasted far too much while making dinner last night

11mo+ post op - 167

b-coffee w/hc, scrambled eggs

l-keilbasa

d-meatloaf

v/l started

Have a a good day all

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 11/20/17 7:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Feel better soon!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teena D.
on 11/20/17 7:51 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Sometimes being a baby is warranted!! Hope you're feeling better soon.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Librarian67
on 11/20/17 9:26 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Take good care and feel better soon!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Au_Contraire
on 11/20/17 11:27 am

Sinus headache can be such brutal, tenacious monsters. I hope yours lifts very soon!

Kakesie
on 11/20/17 7:04 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Teena and Menu Family!

QOTD: I'm grateful that my liver enzymes are now back to normal! I was told that if I didn't lose weight I would be in total liver failure within 5-10 years, which is the main reason I opted to have this surgery and it worked! My blood pressure and pre-diabetes are better now, too. I'm hoping to be around for my daughter a lot longer now.

Accountability: Yesterday: I have to admit I was TERRIBLE yesterday! We had our family Thanksgiving last night and I pigged out! I had a little bit of turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes & gravy and macaroni with corn. And then I had a piece of pecan pie and later I had a slice of pumpkin cheesecake! I was SO stuffed and bloated I felt sick! My totals are awful: Protein - 84, Calories 1,403, Carbs - 118. I will get back on the program today!

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: hamburger patty with melted cheese, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: Not sure yet.

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking the dogs around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

~ Karen

MNmamma
on 11/20/17 7:04 am
RNY on 10/27/16

Good morning!

Accountability was so-so. Yesterday, I did very well but Saturday things got a little out of control. :|

QOTD: I am thankful for putting some distance between myself and what used to be an inevitable diabetes diagnosis. Every year, I was getting one step closer. Now, I'm running away from it! It may still happen at some point (dang genetics) but at least I can say I've been fighting it tooth and nail. My mother, all of her 3 siblings, and my grandmother have or had it. One aunt, one uncle, and my grandmother all passed away from complications of it.

Menu:

B: 4 tbsp. egg beaters, 1/2 slice of reduced fat cheddar

S: coffee with fairlife milk

L: Zupa Tuscana soup that I made this weekend. Used turkey sausage, cauliflower instead of potatoes, and fairlife milk instead of cream. 126 calories per cup.

S: cottage cheese or premier shake

D: More soup? sugar-free vanilla pudding made with fairlife milk

Cheers!

karenp8
on 11/20/17 7:13 am - Brighton, IL

I was right there with you on the diabetes train. I had just been diagnosed with it and it was rampant in my family tree. My maternal grandfather,my mom and my dad all died at relatively early ages from complications--grandpa was 72,mom and dad both 68. I knew the outcome headed my way if I didn'/t make a change. Now the diabetes is in remission and with attention and care hopefully will stay that way.

MNmamma
on 11/20/17 7:16 am
RNY on 10/27/16

Congrats on changing your life for the better!