What's on your Monday Menu RNYers? Gratitude Day 1

NYMom222
on 11/20/17 9:31 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Even recovering from the car accident and the surgeries I just had, I think how much harder it would be at almost 400lbs...

Hope your friend is doing better.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Au_Contraire
on 11/20/17 11:56 am

Hi everone! Happy Monday!

Today I'm playing catch-up with filling orders. It's an absolutely gorgeous day, cool, beautiful, and bright! I have a large magnolia tree in my backyard (and an apple, and an elm), and have hung several sets of tuned metal chimes (and some lovely glass ones) on colorful silky scarves from it's branches. It's a breezy day and it's such a pleasure to listen to them chime!

QOTD: There are so many things I'm grateful for, but most are not weight loss related NSVs. Even just 90+ pounds down NSVs do, however, exist, and here's one: I'm grateful for not hating my bed with a passion any longer! I had purchased a foam bed a couple of years ago, and found it hideously difficult even just to turn around in. At 353 pounds, I would sink into it so deeply that turning, changing position, or even just getting up required a Herculean effort! I routinely would mumble, "I hate this bed!", and I did!. Now turning, changing position, and rising is completely easy. I do so with virtually no effort even though I still have 120ish pounds yet to lose. It's so much nicer not to struggle when trying to move like a poor beached whale, cursing the bed all the while!

First: tea with cashew milk, Cinnamon Buns protein drink

B: 2 oz. turkey, mustard

L: 2 oz. tilapia, lemon

D: 2 oz ham/cheese/refried beans

Enjoy today, RnYers!

yvonnef1964
on 11/20/17 12:53 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hello,

I'm grateful for my mobility, not having to rely on people to do things for me. Being able to move and exercise.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp Apple

D cheeseburger no bun and kale salad

Walked up to the store since it was a nice day out and sunny

Have a good day

CarlRay
on 11/20/17 12:58 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning! My weekend was pretty awesome! Accountability was pretty good! I did have a handful of nacho chips on Saturday night while at a bar with my wife. It was the birthday celebration for a buddy that I was in a band with 16 years ago. We rocked the crowd's faces clean off and it was a blast. Nobody recognized me until I grabbed the sticks and got behind the kit, which was hilarious to me. It meant a lot to have my wife join me, as she's never seen me play hard rock and classic rock with that level of hitting. It was loud and fun. Nowadays I'm in a group that's a little more laid back and it's easier on my high-mileage shoulders, arms and back. I sure felt it Sunday morning though. Still kinda feeling it to be honest but, without the extra weight, it's not nearly painful to recover like it was even then.

Sunday we shopped before driving home, and are 99% done Christmas preparations.

Menu: B: Protein shake. MS/AS: 1/2 cup ff greek with 2 oz berries. L: Split pea/Ham soup that my wife made. Oh baby is it good. S: Unknown, but maybe that soup again. All water and vitamins, and my exercise is my walking commute to/from work (140 minutes total).

QOTD: NSV gratitude for today would have to be the satisfaction I had Saturday night at the show. Nobody but my bandmates knew who I was at first, the change is that drastic. Then I played all night and at the end, instead of being a sweaty pile of goo with no energy to even break down the gear, I hadn't even broken a sweat while playing with high intensity. After the last set I saw an ex there that I haven't seen in 16 years, and she was very surprised at my transformation. She still looked great, but is probably close to 180 -190 now instead of the 95-100 she weighed when we were together (has had a gaggle of kids with her husband and still retains some of that baby weight, but looks good). Nice to see her and catch up a bit, meet her husband and so on. It was just a great night overall.

Hopeful2017
on 11/20/17 4:03 pm
RNY on 11/03/17

I had RNY on 11/3 and began puréed foods today! I am so excited to be able to have more food choices.

B: 2 oz runny oatmeal

L: 1 oz puréed chicken salad

D: 2 oz Ricotta Bake -- it's cooling now and smells amazing!

Still drinking protein shakes throughout the day to try and get my protein in. It's been a struggle, but I hope it will get easier as my diet advances.

Most Active
Recent Topics