What's on your Saturday Menu RNY'ers?

Au_Contraire
on 12/30/17 5:56 am

Thanks for the laugh! I can just see your little dachshund, candy besprinkled!

karenp8
on 12/30/17 6:11 am - Brighton, IL

What an enterprising pup. And thanks for the early morning chuckle. Being from the north I'd never heard of the black eyed pea tradition til last month. Our new pastor grew up in Texas and shared about the black eyed peas and greens. My hubbys family always has pickled herring New Years Eve. I usually take one taste to humor him--but boy it is nasty.

Librarian67
on 12/30/17 10:37 am
RNY on 02/28/17

For years now we've wanted to make a gingerbread house, but we have 5 cats and we're afraid of the same thing.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

MsTwinkles
on 12/30/17 6:12 pm
RNY on 01/16/17

We have three cats and two dogs ... (gulp)! All are rescues (I have a terrible habit of bringing home stray cats and dogs).

None of our cats have ever bothered our Christmas tree, ornaments, decorations, etc. They are our angels.

It's our little dachshund who has become quite the naughty terror within the past few months. We love him!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/31/17 5:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm already looking at adoptable rescues. I promised I'd wait until after Florida, but I really miss having a puppy to walk with.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Au_Contraire
on 12/30/17 5:41 am, edited 12/29/17 9:44 pm

Hello Peach & fellow RnYers! Happy Saturday!

I have to move by March 1. Ugh. The people I am renting my house from have awakened to the fact that I've been paying under market for this house for the past 11 years. They want to paint, replace the raggedy 1980s carpeting, and charge the 3K or so they can get here instead of the $1700 I've been paying. I wouldn't have chosen to move at this point, but I have to. So I've been searching online for places that are both large enough and affordable enough that are also in safe and, hopefully, beautiful areas. And that take cats! And holy moly, just thinking about the packing alone is overwhelming - I moved in with a ton of stuff, and have only accumulated more since. Not to mention the expense! The whole thing has been upsetting, but I am trying to hope there will be a nice silver lining once things settle down. I can live anywhere, as long as I have fast Wi-Fi and a Post Office nearby. Plus ideally I'd like to pay less and save more. I'm looking nearby in CA, but also am considering Portland and the Seattle area (where my son now lives). Did you know that people are now calling postage stamp-sized rentals "eco-flats"? Talk about spin! Kind of like calling crocko-embossed plastic "vegan leather".

Weight wise I'm down a couple of pounds (as of yesterday - it's early early here and I haven't weighed yet today), so that is good!

I received that infrared heater i ordered and I like it, I'm just a little worried about my little blind cat Mia. I don't want her to hurt herself by walking into it or trying to sniff at the place where the heat comes blowing out, and I am a little concerned that she could burn her tail! These things are probably unlikely to occur and may be more a product of my anxiety over having to move than anything else.

QOTD: No traditions other than staying up to see the ball drop in Times Square, but now that I'm on the West rather than the East coast, that is a lot less exciting! By the time midnight arrives in California, the ball long ago touched ground. Oh well! The only thing we all do is call everyone - all my family members call each other at midnight with good wishes. That is actually very nice. Oh, and we always have to eat some pork or ham on New Year's Eve or day, for prosperity and luck in the New Year. I'll have to pick some up! My sister-in-law lived in Spain for a while. There, as the clock begins to strike midnight, everyone stuffs grapes into their mouths as fast as they can, until the clock stops striking! This too is for a lucky year.

First: coffee with cashew milk and that delish Torani SF Salted Caramel syrup, Cinnamon Buns protein drink

B: turkey

L: roast beef, cheddar

D: beef with a little sauteed mushrooms & shallots

Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

peachpie
on 12/30/17 5:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Ugh on the unanticipated move. It's nice that you can live anywhere though. My job requires me to live in the city limits.

Good luck finding a place that suits your needs.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Au_Contraire
on 12/30/17 6:05 am

Thank you Peach! I'm sure I'll be whining about it for the next two months!

Kakesie
on 12/30/17 6:12 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good luck finding the perfect place to move to! So sorry you have to move.

Au_Contraire
on 12/30/17 6:17 am

Thanks, Karen. Me, too!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views