What's on your Photo Friday menu RNYers?

catwoman7
on 12/21/18 5:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Weight still at 151. Ugh. Although I did OK yesterday until i went to the movies with DH and ate some of his popcorn. Not a lot, but I ended up at slightly over my calorie range. I don't know why I can't seem to eat low in my range these days. I could probably get down under 150 if I could stay on the low end for a couple of weeks. I think part of the problem is my classes are over, so I've been home a lot more. I get bored. Thus I'm eating more. I know I'm grabbing snacks when I'm not hungry. Not bad ones, but unneeded ones. I need to get myself out of the house in the afternoons (mornings are generally OK - late afternoons and evenings are the problem). This afternoon I'm meeting a friend for tea at 2:00 (this is a good thing - we normally meet for lunch, but I insisted on an afternoon tea this time). I need to think of other things to do in the afternoons until classes start up again. This next week shouldn't be a problem since my brother will be in town and most of us are off work (although there are other food-related issues with the holidays, of course, but boredom...or sitting home alone in the afternoons...isn't one of them).

I do my monthly talk to the pre-op class later on this morning (they've asked me to do it again in the upcoming year - the "bariatric patient Q&A" class meets once a month). I'm glad they asked me to do it again next year since I enjoy doing it, and it's another incentive to stay on track. I always mention that I'm active on OH, so hello to those folks from the class who got on here to try to find me!!

Tomorrow we're going back to the antique store to pick up my new (to me) dresser (picture below). Yes - it looks plain, but it's mid-century modern - so it'll fit perfectly in my 1950s house. Way better than the existing dresser. Can't wait to get it, and I'm hoping to eventually find the matching low dresser to go with it.

QOTD2: my brother will be here from NC. We get along great. It's the family that already lives in the area that sometimes drives me nuts!! We don't really argue or anything, we just have nothing in common, and sometimes there's unexplained, below-the-surface tension. My BIL is OK, it's my sister, niece, and mother. Not sure what the problem is. I've always been envious of those who come from close families. At least I have DH. And my brother.

3.5 years out:

B: plain Greek yogurt with homemade cranberry/cherry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, some kind of protein shake

L: homemade cottage cheese

AS: protein pumpkin pie (or if I sense some extraneous snacking coming on, then a bowl of TJ's High Fiber cereal - the stuff is magical...)

D: Thai stir-fry (meat & veggies only) (intended to make this last night, but didn't....)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/18 5:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That looks perfect, not plain but sleek!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 12/21/18 6:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I think the dresser is beautiful!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 12/21/18 5:51 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Janet and Menu Family!

That's a pretty wild picture of Pablo, Janet! He does look like he has a lot of energy!

QOTD1: I don't work outside of the home, but I have been busy lately selling some things on eBay.

QOTD2: Fortunately everyone gets along pretty well in our family (of the ones who come). 7 of my brother's 8 kids come and 12 of his 16 grandkids come. My other brother lives in Virginia, so we don't get to see him and his family as often.

PHOTO FRIDAY: I have a brand new Grand nephew! My youngest niece (age 19) had a baby boy on Dec. 19th! His name is Christina Xavier and he weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. Another niece and I went to go see them in the hospital yesterday. Here is a picture of me holding Christian.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 76, Calories - 1083, Carbs - 145.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana brownie

L: 160 cal. steak portabella, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: microwave meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana brownie

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/18 5:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Congratulations on the new baby!!

Jen

Emiepie
on 12/21/18 6:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats! What a cutie he is.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Theduffman27
on 12/21/18 7:32 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Awww.....congrats!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

cc583
on 12/21/18 12:09 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Congrats!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Maddymoe2
on 12/21/18 5:51 am, edited 12/21/18 4:58 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! Today is going to be a busy day. My daughter and I are headed out to grocery shop for the holiday. I am thankful for my Madeline. She is very organized and a list maker. We will knock it out and have fun at the same time.

I started feeling very overwhelmed yesterday. I could feel it creeping up on me al day. I feel like I have so much to do. Christmas is such an emotional time for me. Lots of sad memories of my childhood that sneak up on me. Then my husband comes home and tells me that I don't appreciate him and I don't give him enough attention. Seriously!! I have been sick, had a bad cold. I am just trying to get through my week and he complains that I am not giving him enough attention!! I cannot be everyone's everything. I feel like I am being pulled in 10 different directions. Sorry for the rant, I am hurt/annoyed/pissed. I didn't eat my feelings, so that is a win.

QOTD- I am off wor****il the 8th. I have to go in for a day or two to do inventory and to clean.

QOTD2- We are hosting dinner at my house with friends, approx 12 people. My relationship with my family is very "limited'. I left them when I was 16 and was placed in foster care. Its always been my husband, kids and I.

Food for today-

black coffee with Miralax

2 eggs with cottage cheese

chick fil A grilled nuggets.

( I would really like to go to Thai food today, but I am not in a place mentally where I can be tempted with rice)

jerky

Not sure on dinner, probably chicken

Lots of water today, vitamins always

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/18 5:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am sorry you are having a tough couple of

days, hopefully the time with your daughter will help reset things! Good job on not succumbing to the eating feeling trap, it's so hard sometimes!!

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 78 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views