Saggy skin and dating?

aaron0766
on 3/26/11 12:40 pm - OH
OMG, I know I haven't even begun to lose most of my weight but already I can see extra skin.  Does it never go back?  So many are critical of other's bodies.  I am mortified when I look at my butt. 

Have any of you experienced this?  Did you have to get a whole body lift, and if so how much does that cost?  Are there any good lotions or something I can use?  HELP! 

I am doing this primarily for my health but where my weight once made me a hermit I don't want the saggy skin to do the same. 

Jenijeni
on 3/26/11 12:59 pm, edited 3/26/11 1:00 pm
I have no idea what it costs. Had a friend who didn't have the skin removed and he just tells everyone he has dated about his surgery. He really doesn't look too bad... Sorry can't help you out more than that!
When were you sleeved?

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Elaine2
on 3/26/11 1:00 pm - Atlanta, GA
Oh Aaron,
I laughed so hard when I read your post...had to re-read it several times-
You probably will get a zillion replies on this one!!!!

Have we experienced saggy skin?  Let's start with chin flab, moving to "jello boobs" (as someone called them yesterday). Then we have flabby arms, sagging stomachs and droopy butts. My feet are the only parts without extra flab....yet!

Now I can't tell you the price of a total body lift or a magical cream but I can suggest some weight training. Treat yourself to a session with a trainer who can guide your exercises program.
Start now before the pounds really start coming off.

Good luck and I hope other can give you more specific info.

changeiscomingsoon
on 3/26/11 1:00 pm
Well, I am still early in this game a bit.  However, the collateral damage is visible for sure. I would like to have a tummy tuck if nothing else..and maybe some attention for the girls..not sure of that yet.
My husband asked me is I was going to wear a two piece for the summer...haha...NOW THAT IS SOME LOVE RIGHT THERE.
I know that working out can help some of that but it won't cure it.
I am sure that you will hear better responses along the way with more info.
Stick with the plan and just take it one day at the time.
YOur health is THE SINGLE most important thing ....THE MOST IMPORTANT. You can cope/deal with what comes next...heck I figure we have lived THIS way long enough that there will be so many good things to embrace that you can handle the rest.
Keep the faith!

LeeAnn5350
on 3/26/11 1:04 pm - Patterson, NY
I know it's frustrating to think about the extra skin at  this point.  I myself have a ton of worry over it as well.  It all comes down to a combination of youth/genetics.  There are no magic cures, lotions, or workouts that will stop it from happening.  There are garments on the market that can help bind the extra skin and hide it well in clothing until you can have surgery.  I just wanted to reassure you not all women are judgemental.  Also, dont worry about it until you have something to worry about....In the early stages of losing weight, our fat cells shift all over the place as they get smaller and we feel squishy in places we felt firm before.  It will not stay this way.  You cant really judge how you will loo****il about a year after you reach goal.  Once you start to feel the benefits of getting healthy and start to be able to do things you couldnt do previously...your skin worries will take a back seat. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/11 1:22 pm
Someone on the forum mentioned a lotion or cream they bought at Bed's N Bath's.  I don't remember the name of it but it was a specially formulated cream for people who had lots a lot of weight.  It was kind of expensive as I remember like 38 or 40$ a bottle, jar whatever.  She felt like it helped her but she rubbed down with it twice a day morning and night.  Just the act of rubbing it on vigorusly could probably help a bit but I think weight training and strength training would be the most help. 
zetabeans
on 3/26/11 1:30 pm, edited 3/26/11 1:31 pm - Atlanta, GA
I am getting a revision on apr 18 th. The first time with my lap band I had the deflated boobs, but I followed some simple advice from a doctor that proved true... Exercise, hydrate and moisturize. I was also very strict about protein and vitamins, because I was afraid of hair loss.

So grab some water, get moving and keep the moisturizer handy!!!!
My butt, thighs and stomach snapped right back. I hope I have the same luck this time with the sleeve.
frisco
on 3/26/11 1:37 pm

Think of the elastic on stretched/blown out underwear.......

Not much you can do with damaged skin.

A lot has to do with age, how overweight you were, genetics.

Sorry, don't have the magic bullet for you....if you find out....lemme know!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

jimbovsg
on 3/26/11 2:21 pm
On March 26, 2011 at 8:37 PM Pacific Time, frisco wrote:

Think of the elastic on stretched/blown out underwear.......

Not much you can do with damaged skin.

A lot has to do with age, how overweight you were, genetics.

Sorry, don't have the magic bullet for you....if you find out....lemme know!

frisco
 Ditto on what Frisco said!  Plastics is the ONLY cure/solution for skin issues.  I'm not sure I am willing to "go down that road" at the moment!  I am just dealing W/ the extra skin! Trust me I have a TON....I could make a nice hammock out of mine!  I'm kinda proud of what I call my "pregnancy pooch!"........after all I gave birth to a 300lb baby! 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Could_It_Be
on 3/26/11 1:41 pm
 Maybe you'll meet a woman who will love you.

Maybe you'll meet a woman who will think you are a badarse for losing all that weight.

Maybe she will admire you.

Maybe no one will know cause your clothes cover it up.

Maybe saggy skin is better than fat filled skin?

You are kicking butt, don't get into the What if's now!

:)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views