Uhm, seriously? WTF just happened?

mareacuda
on 4/5/11 1:22 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 Okay, I am 8 weeks from surgery (TOMORROW! WOO!) 

I was so proud to say I had never thrown up or even really been nauseous! 

The hubbs and I were having dinner out on the back patio, enjoying the gorgeous 75 degree weather. 

He made me a chicken thigh (fat trimmed, grilled) and I ate about 2 oz (maybe a bit less) We ate slow, talked about our day... It had been 30 minutes since I had drank any water... I was doing it right! LOL. I had 5 sugar snap peas (raw) after I finished my chicken. 

About 5 minutes later, I knew it was coming... I ran to the bathroom and up it came.

I was SHOCKED. 

I could understand if I had drank water right before, if I ate something that wasn't on my plan, ate too fast, ate something with sugar, etc... but it was a totally normal meal. 

Any insight from my OH friends? 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
sleeve genie
on 4/5/11 1:25 pm - Alhambra, CA
Some days our new tummies are more sensitive than other days,  who knows?   was this the first time you ate a chicken thigh?  i think there is more fat in the thighs than in breasts?  hopefully it was just a one time thing and all will be great from here on out.  Hope you're feeling better now  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Momof2Sweeties
on 4/5/11 11:09 pm - NJ
I completely agree with the statement about our sleeves being sensitive...I am 6 weeks today and the last 2 days I have been getting nauseous after I eat..not sure what's going on but hope it goes away soon..

Shannon

May D.
on 4/5/11 1:27 pm
I'm thinking it was the chicken.  Was it fully cooked?  Sometimes meat with bone in it is notorious for causing people to get sick when grilled because it's not always cooked all the way, or sat out too long, etc., there's a list of things it could be.  Did your hubby have the same thing?  

Foxbins
on 4/5/11 1:37 pm
My nutritionist told me at the number one food problem she hears about is barbequed chicken.  People think it will be great but it turns out not to be because it's too dry for the sleeve.  I did exactly as you did and it came right back up.  I don't have a problem with Costco rotisserie chicken, though.
mareacuda
on 4/5/11 1:37 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 We have had chicken thighs a few times, and actually, these were grilled yesterday and heated up today. They did not dry out or anything... and I used a tiny bit of tzatziki to make sure it was moist enough. Yesterday I had no problem at all (we had it with asparagus)

I think Genie is right... just a fluke. Still, I was upset! I was enjoying my two month sleeveaversary with no throwing up. LOL. 

jbskaggs
on 4/5/11 1:51 pm - holt, MO
 Maybe you just got a  bad air bubble- happened to me ended up throwing up only time so far.

JB

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 1:56 pm
I had exactly the same experience as you at about the same time in my recovery period.  I ate my normal food and went for a walk.  Thirty minutes later, I got the foamies.  There was no particular reason for it, it scared me to death and was very uncomfortable for about one full hour.  I was far away from home and I really thought I would need to call 911, because I did not think I could get back home, it was that bad.  It happened randomly a few more times and then it stopped.  I am almost two years out and it hasn't happened in over a year.  It will be OK.  I asked my doctor about it, he said that I either ate too fast, it was too dry or I ate more than I was ready for.  I didn't think I did any of these things, but there was no other explanation and it stopped happening as my sleeve matured. 
frisco
on 4/5/11 2:21 pm

2oz. of chicken is still a lot of food for an 8 week old sleeve.  2oz. of chicken and trace amounts of veggies is about a comfortable amount of food for me right now.

Try backing off the amount for chicken......if your not getting enough food you can always add a snack. Another thing you may want to try and works for me is to "Wet" your chicken with a sauce/gravy or like a seasoned Greek Yogurt......Food lube !!! I always keep Wendy's Chili and/or a Red Bell Pepper Soup to "Wet" dryer proteins.

Hope this helps,

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

mareacuda
on 4/5/11 2:39 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 Thanks Frisco! :-) 

I actually asked the hubba and he said it was probably a little over an ounce. LOL. I must have food distortion. 

I am not allowed any snacks on my plan... (sometimes I have a string cheese or a yogurt, but I don't make a habit of snacking) 

I had some tzatziki with my chicken, which makes it nice and mushy! :-) 

I guess it just was a bit much... I will definitely back off the chicken. 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views