Uhm, seriously? WTF just happened?

LunaLovegood
on 4/6/11 8:44 am, edited 4/6/11 8:45 am - WA
My doctor's plan says 2oz of food is what I should be aiming for and I keep seeing posts that say measure your food, and only eat two ounces, so that has been my goal all along. Now I'm scared I've been eating too much dense protein. I'm 9 weeks out, how much dense protein were you able to eat at that time? 2oz for me leaves me feeling very satisfied but not full. Some days 2oz is too much and I dont' fini**** but it's usually perfect. I don't know if this matters, but I have a 40 bougie sleeve.

Thanks!

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
diane S.
on 4/5/11 2:31 pm
8 weeks is still pretty new and tummy can still act up. I got a bad case of the foamies at a year out and didn't think i had eaten that much. once in a great while it happens.

early on, i used to take cooked chicken breast and grind it up in the food processor and then have a few spoons of it in hot chicken broth. grilled chicken can be kind of dry so this helps. Braising it may work better. I cook it in a bit of olive oil on fairly low heat covered. But at 16 months can't eat more than 3 ounces.   So not to worry. Congratulations! your first puke is a vsg right of passage. If you are lucky like me, there will be one and only one puke.  take care. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanie507
on 4/5/11 2:45 pm - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
I think the raw peas might of been to much for your tummy.  eat easy take care it will be better...

Libralin
on 4/5/11 3:00 pm, edited 4/5/11 3:01 pm - MorrisCounty, NJ
I agree with the peas...I dont think we are supposed to eat any raw fruits or veggies just yet...too hard to digest...Has to be cooked...........

I love raisins and grapes...cant eat those either!.............

Kelleybell122
on 4/5/11 8:56 pm - Powell, OH
I'm 8 weeks too and the same thing happened to me. It was Chinese food: chicken and snap peas.

I think it was the pea.

Stacy160
on 4/5/11 10:10 pm
The first TWO times I had broccoli after surgery, I had the same thing happen.  Ate a little steak each time, which has been super sleeve-friendly for me all along, followed by a few bites of broccoli, and both times about 20-30 minutes later (so, not from overeating!) here came that feeling and I was rushing to the bathroom, where (not to be too gross) all that came up was broccoli, not steak.  Both times were probably between 8-12 weeks out or so, and since then broccoli hasn't been a problem at all.  I think for some reason it just didn't sit well in there but danged if I know why--it's the one and only food I've ever had even a temporary problem with since surgery.

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
DragonGirl
on 4/5/11 11:55 pm, edited 4/6/11 6:56 am - MN
I had this happen to me last week at work with some turkey. No rhyme or reason to it. I do know I wasn't able to eat greens at 8 weeks. Broccoli or anything green just didn't sit well. I am now just trying a few greens and they're working better at almost 12 weeks.
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
jimbovsg
on 4/6/11 1:14 am
Another vote for the raw veggies being the culprit!  I wasn't able to tolerate them for like 6 months.....still give me problems today if I don't chew very well.  Steaming/cooking them helps.

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

byebyeburden
on 4/6/11 1:19 am
Sorry,

I don't know what it was but for me raw veggies still can have that affect on me.  I love them, but I can't eat them or really only one bite.
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 156 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views