Some People are just ........

BriarRose
on 4/10/11 3:38 am
Went to have lunch with my aunt.  I love her, but she is of the "you can never be too rich or too thin" variety.  She is also 85 -- but a very active and out there 85 ! 

Now, I've lost 69 pounds in the last 9 months.  So what does she say ?!  She looks me up and down, and says:

"Oh look, I can see you've lost weight in your face !"

Yep.  that's it.  I lost 69 pounds of fat in my FACE !!!!

Sometimes, you  JUST CAN'T WIN.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Mandi E.
on 4/10/11 3:41 am - Kissimmee, FL
So sorry. Some people are just stuck in their ways!! Don't let it get you down! 69lbs is nothing to laugh at!! 
Keep up the good work!! 
~Mandi 
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linda B.
on 4/10/11 3:43 am
Don't let someones words diminish all you've accomplished! You didn't do it for her right?So just know how she can be and accept her, but DO not let it make you feel bad about yourself. Your doing great!

thebadest
on 4/10/11 3:50 am - Houston, TX
The elderly you gotta love em'

***Getting to Goal Challenge: -13.9/22.7 July 29th surgiversary**
Trina//SW:270/CW:172.7/GW:150

gonersmom
on 4/10/11 5:20 am
The badest says.....The elderly you gotta love em'

I say, that's cuz if you kill them you'll go to jail!    or get charged with elder abuse.
I've had a few relatives like that in my life.

Hang in there!  You really will miss her when she's gone, even tho you might like to have that option NOW!  LOL

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 3:51 am
I can't wait for the day that I can say I lost 69 pounds!! I think you are doing AWESOME and I know that your progress inspires me!!!
Just ignore your aunt. Relatives like that are sometimes a pain in the keister. 
Jenijeni
on 4/10/11 3:54 am, edited 4/10/11 3:54 am
Lol! Trying to imagine losing 69 pounds in your face... .

Give her a big hug and tell her you can tell how old she is by HER face, too! LMAO... Ok, maybe just hug her and realize she doesn't have the energy and passion invested in your weight loss that you do. Keep your head up and be happy... Maybe she truly meant this as a compliment and this is the only way she knew how to express it.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Carmelita
on 4/10/11 4:05 am - Four Corners, NM
Tawni F.
on 4/10/11 4:47 am - TX
 Tell her to zip it or you will break her hip.... Just kidding DON"T do that!  Just smile and remember shes old!....

BriarRose
on 4/10/11 5:08 am
I really just wanted to laugh !!!! I wasn't really upset, I think that it was just that I was feeling pretty darned good, in my size 18 new jeans, and a 22 shirt (down from a 26/28 and 30 top) and it is only relatives that can pop that bubble that FAST!!!

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views