Is this as good as it gets?

acbbrown
on 4/24/11 12:23 am, edited 4/24/11 12:24 am - Granada Hills, CA
I tried to do a quick search for a link about protein and why it's important. This is not the best explanation ever but it's a start.

http://www.articlealley.com/article_765225_17.html

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kelleybell122
on 4/24/11 12:51 am - Powell, OH
I'm a carb addict and a pop lover, so I totally understand. But here's the thing: the sleeve makes me stop eating after only a few bites. It does this every single day. Ya can't cheat and say, well, it's Easter, so I can have a big holiday dinner just today and go back on my diet tomorrow. Your tummy won't let you do that.

That's why I love my sleeve. It's a fail safe valve!

Now as for Protien, I do my best to eat it first, and get in as much as possible. When I do that and drink lots of water, I feel really healthy. On days where I don't get in enough fluids, I can really tell. I get that run down kinda sickly feeling.

As for pop, I don't drink it anymore, but sometimes I take a glass of crushed ice, pour just a little pop in the glass and chew the ice. It gives me that flavor, but I'm still drinking 95% water.

The carb thing is a little harder. I still love carbs. But what I have discovered is the reason I like them so much is:

1) they are sweet and convenient. Carbs are usually "grab n go foods."
2) carbs absorb stomach acids. To battle that, I take slot of tums now. It makes that acid feeling go away. I think for many years I was confusing stomach acid with hunger pangs.

Hope this helps. Good luck. I'm sure you will adjust and do great.

jimbovsg
on 4/24/11 1:02 am, edited 4/24/11 1:13 am
I hear ya sister!  I've been doing Atkins phase 1 (

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

jimbovsg
on 4/24/11 1:31 am
OK  so this is the 4th time I've tried to post a reply!  Like I said...I have been doing modified  Atkins phase 1 (< 40carbs daily...many time only 20)  this is only TEMPORARY at goal/maintenance...you can introduce more carbs.  Stick to the plan....and you will be there soon!  you are only 5-6 months out.  Good luck....you CAN do this!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

letitbe78
on 4/24/11 10:57 am - KS
Thanks everyone for all the words of encouragement.  I can do this!  I need to focus on protein, water and excercise right now until I reach my goal weight.  I need to do this for myself, to take care of myself!!  Part of my problem is I also have fibromyalgia, which kicks my butt some days and leaves me open to looking for something to make me "feel good" on days I am so tired and in pain.  I have to be aware of this.  That is what got me to this point in the first place.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views