What size are you...strange question?

cleckman
on 5/10/11 1:52 pm
It amazes me how many people ask me what size I wear and how much weight I have lost....I mean really...isn't that a little personal...it's not like they are going out to buy me a new outfit!

I would neve ask anyone what size they wear...no one asked me when I wore a size 24...THANK GOD! Now that I'm a 12, I'm not any more comfortable telling people I barely know what size I am. Not to mention, it's always followed by what size were you.

I don't get mad but I am kind of shocked each time I'm asked this question. Maybe I should respond, "oh...it's so nice of you to ask...were you thinking of buying me a new outfit?"

Cathy
HW 298.8 Surgery W 242.5 CW 152 GW 164Surgery Date 10/25/10!!!                   

sleeve genie
on 5/10/11 2:01 pm - Alhambra, CA
Lol,  good one Cathy,   i might have to use that one  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

thisbe777
on 5/10/11 2:28 pm
i visited with a couple friends today... they all told me i looked fabulous....

i have jeans in sizes 14, 16, and 18, and they all fit me the same (in fact, one of the 18's is a bit snug)..  and as long as it's not embroidered on my ass, it doesn't matter...  and if my friends asked me, that is what i would tell them...  "clothing sizes are so freakin' arbitrary anymore, i have all these sizes, and they all fit, but thanks for noticing that i am smaller!!"

as long as they fit and i look hot, i'm good with that...  and to hell with the numbers...  

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

cleckman
on 5/11/11 12:39 pm
Great attitude! Love it!

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 2:36 pm
 I love the response about the new outfit and if they're seriously not gonne get you one (which you KNOW they'r NOT) then follow it with that you're half the (clothing) size you were then if they STILL keep prodding just do a jokey (not really) laugh and say "damn nosey!" or ask them what they weigh. 
cleckman
on 5/11/11 12:40 pm
Another great approach!

Hugs, Cathy

BriarRose
on 5/10/11 2:51 pm
I answer all weight/size related questions the same way -- I respond to the statement they SHOULD HAVE made --- not the question they asked. My answer is always "thank you for noticeing, I appreciate your compliment."

Of course if it is one of two close girlfriends that I do talk to about this journey, the answer is different, but for everyone else....It is the same answer. It shuts down the rude/inappropriate questions politely, and thanks them.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
shrinkydink1
on 5/10/11 3:24 pm
People automatically think u want to share that info....
~K~            
sandycnv
on 5/10/11 3:37 pm - Clayton, CA

I think if I am ever a size 12 I WILL have it embroidered on my rear end.  I would be so happy to share any and all information.

I see your point but would have a hard time not divulging that information without being asked.

Sandy

Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/11/11 4:03 am - LA
Where is the LOVE IT botton! LOL
Most Active