First full day home and need reassurance please

C. Champion
on 8/18/11 2:59 am - Minneapolis, MN
I got my sleeve on Monday, I spent two nights at the hospital, the first night my blood preasure was extrememly high so they kept giving me stuff to lower it. It finally went down by the next day. I am having a hard time getting in my liquids like I should, I keep falling asleep Im so tired and my stomach is so tight feeling. I have anxiety that I will always feel this tired and this week. Please tell me it will pass I cant stand feeling this way. I wonder why I did this to myself, my surgeon called it "buyers remorse" cuz some people feel so crappy afterwards that they wish they hadnt done it. I guess I am one of those poeple. I just need some words to get through this, so please if you had a tough time just let me know how you got through it!!
If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got!
Highest Wt 344, Starting Wt 311, Surgery Wt 298, 1st Goal Wt 200.     

emelar
on 8/18/11 3:05 am - TX
MAJOR SURGERY!  Of course you're tired.  Sleep.  Sip.  Walk.  Repeat.  Fluids are the most important thing right now, or you'll end up back in the hospital with an IV.  Make sure you're drinking...and then rest.
brigitta
on 8/18/11 3:06 am - Germantown, MD
You will be fine.  I was worried and anxious that first week too.  You are not going to be able to take down the liquids easily and it is going to hurt.  I believe it took me a month for everything to adjust but enjoy because this is where you are going to lose the bulk of your wieght all at once.  Take it slow and do not force yourself to get back to eating the way you used to. 

tristak
on 8/18/11 3:07 am

These feelings will absolutely pass!  You are still fresh out of surgery - and while it was laproscopic it was still major surgery so everything you are feeling and experiencing is normal.

In regards to getting your fluids in...try something warm (not hot) like herbal tea or even room temp water.  This may go down easier then something really cold.  Of course your goal is 64oz but don't overwhelm yourself..aim for 30oz and go from there.

I can't say I had a hard time post-op - I felt tired and a bit of pain...but I knew I just needed to rest and heal and things would get easier.  Keep a positive attitude and just know this is one small step towards your bigger goal.

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 3:10 am - Orange County, CA
Please hang in there. I am approaching 3 weeks and I was feeling the same way. I promise you it gets better. The first 2 weeks are the worst. It gets better. I still have energy issues but other than that it's so much better. Hang in there. All you should focus on right now is sipping your water, getting your protein in and resting. E :) 
AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 8/18/11 3:24 am
You are normal and everyday gets better.  I am almost a week from surgery and I get stronger and feel less pain each day.  I have been asking questions here that I am sure have been asked and answered a million times but everyone is so nice and answers again and again.  This board makes you less lonely and scared and is a nice diversion when you are in some pain! 

I am still hurting when I get up from sitting or lying down.  As a matter of fact, I finally got to sleep lying down for the first time last night.  I was sleeping with a lot of pillows propping me up.  Keeping sipping and walking is so necessary - when  you can.  Don't push yourself or do more than you think you can. 
HW - 275  SW- 226  GW-150  

joie_de_sleeve
on 8/18/11 3:24 am - IN
I experienced many of those same feeling the first couple of weeks. (I was sleeved July 26.) It does get better. I still have good days and bad, but I think once my incisions healed enough to allow me to resume some of my usual activities, I began to feel better.

If you're tired, rest, but don't forget to walk, walk, and sip.

VSG 7/26/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

acbbrown
on 8/18/11 3:30 am - Granada Hills, CA
I had serious buyers remorse for 4 weeks but Id say around week 3 I started to feel human again.

You just gotta keep hydrated - if nothing else, focus on that all day. I wasn't very sucessful at it so I had to get IV fluids. There's a lot of swelling right now, still have anesthia in your system probably, maybe pain meds if you are taking them - might make you sleepy.

It's normal. Even if some people want to say they were running marathons a couple days out - dont listen to that :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Lisa J.
on 8/18/11 5:07 am - OK
You just gotta keep hydrated - if nothing else, focus on that all day.

Acbbrown is absolutely correct! ding ding ding!
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
diane S.
on 8/18/11 4:38 am
Its no fun to feel so tired and sore but its totally normal and you will get better. Just sleep and rest as much as you need to, walk around the house some and above all do what you can to get liquids in. Little sips really often. Its important to not get dehydrated. Within a week you will feel much better and pretty normal after two or three. And when you see the weight fall off you will be glad. Hang in there .  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views