Clothes

MsLove01
on 12/3/11 2:37 pm - WA
How have you all dealt with the changing sizes? I have heard about clothing exchanges..but i cannot actually find one. I don't own anything smaller than an 18. I am a business professional so I wear suits t work..not cheap to buy different sizes. I have been looking at second hand. Any suggestions?
Marlene
Marlene

kimbethin
on 12/3/11 2:44 pm - CA
Try thrift shops and consignment stores.  I have been able to mostly go through clothing I had stored in my basement.  I have almost run out and will need to start shopping soon.  Can you get away with mix and matching to stretch your wardrobe?
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Crssybear
on 12/3/11 2:45 pm - TX
 I'm having a hard time with this too.  Right now I major sale shop.  Ross's clearance has been my friend and I do alot of old navy stuff.  I keep meaning to go to goodwill just haven't ventured there yet but that's an option. Sorry...not much help lol

5'1"  28
HW:247 SW:235 GW:125
emdesq
on 12/3/11 3:08 pm
I, too, am a business professional, and have found Ebay to be a valuable resource since I started losing weight. I've been able to get lots of secondhand clothes at dirt cheap prices, and expect to continue to shop there until I reach goal.  Obviously, you can't try things on, but the things that I've gotten thus far have been brand names I know and if something is too small, I'm just waiting to fit into it shortly.  As I shrink out of them, I will donate the clothes (as well as my bigger sizes) to charity and get big tax write-offs!

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/11 9:12 pm - GA
I generally sell my business clothes on eBay. If you are in an 18/20 I havea ton of clothes for you. Send me a PM.
Ms. Poker Face
on 12/3/11 10:18 pm
Consignment shops, Goodwill, Salvation Army, thrift stores, etc.

I picked up a nice yellow suit at Goodwill yesterday for $4.50.  I couldn't believe it.

I'm not willing to spend a lot because I won't wear it for more than a few weeks.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

vacationlover
on 12/3/11 11:19 pm
acbbrown
on 12/3/11 11:22 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I'm a trial lawyer so I have to have nice suits. It's F'n expensive but I get great deals at Ross. I've gotten $200 Tahari suits for $40.

What size are you looking for?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MsLove01
on 12/3/11 11:58 pm - WA
I have size 18's from the last time I lost weight lol...nothing smaller though. It sounds more complicated than I thought because of the stalls. I am hoping i can wear the 18's through the winter, even if they are big..then drop to a 14 in the spring...but we will see.

Thanks for the ideas. I will check out Ebay and the thrift stores...and of course Ross.

I normally keep all my big clothes when I diet, but this time i am getting rid of them all. I think it will make me more accountable if things get tight.

I can't wait!!
Marlene

Marie M.
on 12/4/11 2:57 am - PA
My surgeon holds monthly support group meetings where we also do a clothes swap.  You bring whatever you can't wear anymore and pick up clothes in your new size--absolutely free.  Call your surgeon's office and see if they do this.

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

Most Active
Recent Topics