MY Stall BROKEN by Elina and Frisco !!!!!

BriarRose
on 1/5/12 10:34 am
I am almost a year out.  And I gained 4 pounds that won't come off.  Two months of battleing that 4 darn pounds; up and down, and no down movement that lasted more than a day !!!  I ate less, I ate more; I exercised more, I exercised less.  And I am within a dozen pounds of goal !!!

THEN I HAPPENED TO READ A POST THAT ELINA RE-POSTED OF FRISCO'S about dense protein and the pyloric valuve.

I had a thought....maybe eating my morning oatmeal that the doctor told me to eat is making me more hungry because although people call it 'stick to your ribs' food.....IT ISN'T STICKING TO MY SLEEVE food.....and I'm hungry and snacking....

I added three little turkey sausages as my breakfast. (110 calories).  I then wait until I'm hungry for a snack (late late morning) and a couple days not hungry at all until lunch.   I am losing weight every darn day since.  Not alot of weight....but I've never been a fast loser.  Each day a little bit less than the day before....each day....and I can't believe it !  Who would have thought that three little turkey sausages that get heated up for 30 seconds in the microwave could do such a monumental job !!!??? 

I am thrilled. 

Thank you Elina, Thank you Frisco !!!  Thank you OH.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
KathyA999
on 1/5/12 10:39 am
Congratulations! 

I found during my losing phase that certain grain-based carbs (and sugar) caused stalls, even when I was within my carb/calorie limitations.  That was an amazing revelation to me.  Carbs from beans, dairy, nuts, veg's didn't cause stalls but wheat and oats did.  I didn't eat enough quinoa or barley to see if they did the same thing....

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

EmpoweringMe331
on 1/5/12 10:55 am - MD
Thanks for the post. I hope to change up my eating to try to prevent a stall. Good advice!

queen R.
on 1/5/12 11:27 am - enid, OK
what is the link to this post?  I am struggling in the same type of way.  thanks!!

frisco
on 1/5/12 12:50 pm

Makes my heart go "pitter patter" when I read a post like this that makes a difference !!!

In reality....once you understand it......it's pretty easy......

Way to go !!!

You got this !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Happy966
on 1/5/12 8:46 pm

I'm not at the same place as BriarRose - much earlier out - but I was very nervous for the first couple of months about being hungry.  As soon as I could handle denser foods, including fibrous veggies - just like you told me - the hunger problem really abated.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

abrown8434
on 1/6/12 7:04 am - VA
I would have to agree! I really thought I needed to eat more and up my carbs. (I had half of that right.) I was so hungry and when you explained how the pyloric valve worked it pinpointed the problem! So I have changed my liquid regimen and cut back on my protein shakes and added more lean protein and I am back on track!

I want to make the best of the honeymoon period and at least be 150 to 200 lbs down by 12 months! I know I can get there, I just have to stay on track!

Thanks again for sharing your pearls of wisdom!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 12:51 am
You have no idea how much I loved reading your post.  Whenever I see posts like yours, I just feel like jumping up and down hooping and hollering. "Yeah team".  Thank you for letting us know that we made a difference, it really matters to both of us.

On another note, I just wanted to tell you that my doctor strongly recommends that each of his patients consumes a minimum of 30 g. of protein before 10:00 AM for the very reason you mentioned.  It works, it really does.
BriarRose
on 1/6/12 1:44 am
As of this morning, I am minus 3 of the four pounds !!! And I changed NOTHING else except exchanging the turkey sausage for the oatmeal (and yes, before 10 am !)

Weight loss is not for the faint of heart, or those who cannot re-evaluate and make needed changes in life. Each step of the journey in my own weight loss is an "adventure" and what worked a month ago may not work now....our bodies are going through such huge changes, we cannot expect to do just one thing and have it work ALL the time.

I am so thankful to belong to an online community that shares it's successes and it's failures; because you never know when you will need just a tidbit of inforamtion that will mean your own success on this road to healthy !!!
ruggie
on 1/9/12 10:11 am - Sacramento, CA
 Congratulations on your success!

On the downside, Frisco and Elina will be billing you a$100 charge for stall busting. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views