the jury is in...

Ashley H.
on 1/23/12 12:19 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Well I've made what seems to be to be one of the hardest decision I've ever had to make....I will have to wait till next year to have my surgery.  Due to financial hardships this past year we need to catch up on bills and what not and it just doesn't seem right to use all our money on me when as a family we need to get things n order so that when I do have my surgery things will all work out way better than they would at this time.  I know in my head this is the right thing to do but my heart is so torn.  This is one grown up decision I never would have wanted to me make but glad I was able to put on my big girl panties and do it. 

acbbrown
on 1/23/12 12:26 am - Granada Hills, CA
I know that was a tough decision, and as hard as it was, it was probably the right decision. After surgery, you really need to have as little stress as possible so you can focus on you and building some new lifetyle changes. Stress will always be there, but if you can get things in order before then, it will be worth the wait.

Don't let this be a reason to change your ultimate goal though - you can still work on changing your eating habits, and relationship with food. Its harder with a normal stomach, but you can do this!! Hang out here for support.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ashley H.
on 1/23/12 12:28 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Thanks, I plan to start seeing my counselor more now and work on my eating habits. 

AmberK
on 1/23/12 12:30 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I am so sorry you are going to have to wait, but gives you so much to look forward to in the future. I am going to put my surgery off until May because of School, and the good news is, I will go through it first and you can watch me and learn LOL
Don't worry, we've got this and we will do it together! 
Ashley H.
on 1/23/12 12:34 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Thank you thank you for the encouraging words.  Need them now.  I know deep down I need to get my mind and body a little more right for this surgery. I keep finding myself making all these excuses so I know i need to work on this. 

PrettyEyes_41
on 1/23/12 12:39 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Don't let it be a depressing decision - use the time to work on your diet and exercise as if you're getting ready for surgery and you'll be that much more ahead of the game when the time comes!! Keep it as a goal and work every day toward it and the time will go faster if you keep motivated and working on it. Good luck and stay on here for motivation at least!
diane S.
on 1/23/12 1:00 am
sorry you have to wait but you can use this time to be well prepared and by the time you get there you will be so ready you will have no fears and be more successful because you really want this. I had to wait 11 month for various reasons. by the time i got a date i was so determined that nothing could get in my way. so start some gentle exercise, improve some eating habits and begin the mental process of letting go of food and whatever things that caused overeating. study up on everything you can find. you will do well in the long run.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Ashley H.
on 1/23/12 1:21 am - Brownwood , TX
VSG on 03/01/12
Thank you everyone, I knew I would feel better after talking to my OH family.  I feel like I am making a good decision for my whole family.  I will not give up and will use this time to get my self in the right frame of mind and body for surgery. 

LaughingCow
on 1/23/12 1:26 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I'd be discouraged, too. I had to consider delaying when my old insurance first rejected my application and I didn't know if the 2012 insurance would cover it. It's hard to think about when you've come so far already. Best of luck!
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Tauret
on 1/23/12 8:04 am
 I am on the waiting bench, too. I also have some things going on in my life that are making VSG something I can't do right now. But I've been visiting OH and reading boards every day, learning so much, thinking about my eating habits and what changes I'll be making. In some ways, that makes it even harder, because it's on my mind every day. Hopefully that means that when it's my day, I'll be ready! You will be too. It is so hard to know what you want, what you need, and to have to wait. :hugs: to you. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views