I did something I haven't done in 30 years today !!!!!!!

BriarRose
on 2/20/12 11:03 am

~~~ I bought a size 14 jean ~~~ YES ~~~ you read that right ~~~ A SIZE 14 JEAN ! ~~~

Right before I started this journey, I had to buy Plus size 28 jean.  I felt humilitated that I wore such a huge size.  How could a 26 NOT fit ? There must have been something wrong with the jeans.

Well, it was 11 months from referral to surgery, and now I am a year post-op.  I lost 34 pounds pre-op, and 88 post -op. I've been stuck at 178 pounds now for a few months...but not really worried.  I have learned how to maintain my weight and if I can get myself motivated again, I know that the last 8 pounds or so CAN and WILL come off....  so, although I am not stuck on a size I want or have to be....I think the last time I was able to buy a size 14, I was in Graduate School....and I got my degree in 1981 !!!!

I heard about an Old Navy sale here on OH, so went to check it out.  I've never shopped there....never fit in their clothing.  So I was trying to figure out if I was a "flirt" or a "diva" or a "dreamer"  and a sales girl came over and asked if she could help me.  To tell the truth I was just about to bolt outta there, because odviously between the music and the signage being totally unfamiliar....I was otta my league.  But I just decided to ask for the help of what appeared to be a 12 year old working there.  (can you tell I'm feeling old today ?) Well, "Daisy" perky as she could be told me that I was NOT a size 16 (by just looking at me ?!) and gave me more information that I ever knew about low, mid and regular rise jeans....so at almost 56 years old, I tried on size 14 jeans, and they fit !! 

I was dancing to the too loud music in the dressing room (which btw houses both men and women ?!) and bought a pr of size 14 jeans !

I am so excited about this, I can't begin to tell you !  I gardened hard for two hours this morning, then walked the entire mall, made my jean purchase, shopped trader joes, and the pet store, and now my poor arthritic knees are screaming at me. 

This size 14 woman is heading to the shower, and tub for a soak.  But I had to share my exciting news with you all !!! 

See, even when your weight is stalled, you CAN and DO lose inches -- even a year out !

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Ms. Poker Face
on 2/20/12 11:07 am
That is so great!!!!  You sound like you are walking on air!!  Whoot whoot!  Now go show off those hot jeans on your thin booty!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Chalk
on 2/20/12 11:17 am - TN
VSG on 01/09/12

Woo-Hoooo

You go girl!! So very happy for you

Pre-Op Weight Loss 20 lbs ~~~~~ Surgery Weight 289

Goal weight 180  ~~~~~~  6'0"

Month 1 (21 lbs) ~~~ Month 2 (10 lbs) ~~~ Month 3 (14 lbs) ~~~ Month 4 (12 lbs) ~~~ Month 5 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 6 (11 lbs) ~~~ Month 7 (10 lbs) ~~~~ Month 8 (8 lbs) ~~~ Month 9 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 10 (6 lbs)

Goal Reached in 10 months  

goingforit1
on 2/20/12 11:29 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
my fellow size 14 jean wearer...congrats!!! I tried my old 14's on just 2 days ago and I could NOT BELIEVE THEY ZIPPED and I could still breathe and all!!! It feels awesome! yay!!!
SouthernmostStar
on 2/20/12 11:55 am
VSG on 01/25/12
Wooooohoooooo!

Thanks for the inspiring story.

Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Linda B.
on 2/20/12 12:12 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Well that is enough to make you want to do the happy dance. Shopping at Old Navy is a NSV for sure.
MelissaMommyto5
on 2/20/12 1:42 pm
VSG on 02/16/12
HOW EXCITING!  I think that is an awesome victory & I can see you're taking great pride in it!  Congratulations!

Pooch2
on 2/20/12 1:46 pm
WoHoo  
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
frenchgrapes
on 2/20/12 1:47 pm - TX
That is fabulous. 14 is a marvelous size and one I aspire to as well. Congratulations on the dancing in the dressing room victory!
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
Dawnie 88
on 2/20/12 8:46 pm
Yay!!  Congrat's on your 14's!!  I am in a size 14 in woman's jeans also..and a size 13 in Juniors jeans..it feels awesome!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views