scale staying the same for a month

indra35
on 2/28/12 1:29 am
well ive been on my food plan for the past month and every week i get on the scale its exactly the same give or takea few ounces and i have been riding the elleptical for three weeks with the resistance at a 6-8 for thirty min. I have read on here a few other times people having the same problem i just could not remember how long it was before the scale moved its just so frustrating when your doing whats right and you see no results.
George B.
on 2/28/12 1:31 am - Miami, FL
What are you eating in terms of calories, carbs and protein on a daily basis?
How much weight do you have to lose?

Both of these issues are factors in your weight loss.

jacreasy
on 2/28/12 3:41 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Hey George B,

How are you doing?? If you don't mind me asking how long did it take you to reach Goal of 170 after your VSG?  You can IM me if need be.  Thanks Jennifer

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

George B.
on 2/28/12 3:47 am - Miami, FL
It took me 1 year and 1 month to reach my goal weight of 170 pounds.
Had I exercised more I likely would have lost the weight faster.

I'm 2 1/2 years post-op and maintaining at my goal weight without a lot of effort. I still track my food on myfitnesspal.com and eat 800-1000 calories per day and work to limit carbs to less than 40 grams per day. Carbs are a slippery slope for me and I feel better and maintain my weighloss easier of I limit carbs.

indra35
on 2/28/12 1:34 am
good point ill sit down and figure that but even before right after my surgery i would loose like six pounds and then not loose any for a couple of weeks
George B.
on 2/28/12 3:50 am - Miami, FL
When my weight loss slowed down at 6 months post-op. I reviewed what I was eating and realized the bulk of my protein was coming from soft sources like protein shakes, cheese, Greek yogurt, beans.

I changed to dense protein, mainly tender beef and seafood, and saw my weight loss resume and felt a lot of restriction. Dense protein fills you up with a small amount and keeps you full longer. 

Limiting my carbs to less than 40 grams per day was also instrumental for my continued weight loss. When my carbs got too high my weight loss slowed.

I followed the plan my doctor gave me and lost 100% of my excess weight and have kept it off without a lot of effort.

1. Eat 600-800 calories per day when losing weight  and 1,200 calories to maintain
2. Limit carbs to less than 40 grams per day
3. Eat 70-100 gram of protein daily
4. Minimum 64 oz. liquids daily
5. Regular exercise/physical activity
6. Track what you eat ( I use myfitnesspal.com to track calories, carbs, protein, etc.)

Review what you are eating and make appropriate adjustments. Cut out slider foods like bread, rice, potato, chips, carbs in general. You can eat slider foods all day long and feel no restriction.

Dense protein, limiting carbs and regular physical activity were responsible for me reaching my weight loss goal and maintaining.

Good luck,
George

indra35
on 2/28/12 4:11 am
Thank you George B im very excited to try this you know they tell you all this stuff when you have the surgery but i have forgotten them and have gotten caught up in daily life and the holidays I will definetly get this going and will post my results in a few weeks hope to have the same sucess you have had
George B.
on 2/28/12 4:14 am - Miami, FL
Good luck and consider tracking your food as a tool.

I started tracking my food again  when I realized carbs were creeping back into my diet. Logging what I eat keeps me accountable and aware.

Again, good luck I'm sure you'll do great.

George

Lina P.
on 2/28/12 1:59 am - Bolton, Canada
Resistance training builds muscle.While it's a good thing you shouldn't expect a loss on the scale.
Go back to the basics. Calories in vs calories out. Track it on FitDay or Livestrong if you have to. Make sure you're getting sufficient protein and limit your carbs down to the basics.

Height: 5 ft - Age: 42
Bougie size: 36 oversewn to 34  
 CW: 135 lbs
Happy in the 130's but... On to my second goal!

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 6:01 am
George gave you the best advice possible.  He is right on with every point.  Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views